Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 03 ski doo rev mxz 800 ho im running with the stock pipe with a mbrp can right now i was
thing about running bikeman pipe and can i hear they make you lose power is any one running bikeman pipe with bikeman can and what you think of it

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
If anything is causing power loss, it is probably the can itself. The BMP pipe is well known for noticable gains. I am actually running their pipe mod on my SnoPro, and felt a nice improvement throughout the bottom and mid range. With an aftermarket can, odds are you will still notice an improvement over stock.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
If you wanted to save a few bucks, just buy the pipe and use your current can. The BMP pipe fits the stock can, and should therefore fit your current MBRP. Unless you are dying for the BMP sound or something...

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Cans, in most scenarios, will not gain you any power. Companies claim they do, but what they don't say is what was done to the sled to create that power...it may very well have not been on a stock motor. If you want a power increase, buy the pipe and install it with whatever can you want. You may not be running the peak power, but you won't feel a difference in a couple HP loss either, if you only gain 7 HP instead of 9, for example.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Jetting and sometimes clutching changes are usually required when going to an afermarket pipe.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
They could give you a general idea of what you would need to do, but each sled may vary slightly.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
from what i have seen and heard the dynoport single pipe is the only one worth buying for a stock rev 800. i choose to run mine with stock exhaust and went with porting instead much more bang for your buk on a rev8. i have tinkered with these rev 800 motors tryed all kinds of stuff nothing works as good as a set of good ported cylinders plenty trail safe with a major seat of the pants difference 10-12 extra usable hp and still stock bore alitle clutching and it will make your arms soar [thumb]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts