Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have old gas in my sled and was wondering if old gas would cause a terriable bog or could it be that the sled isnt warmed up?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
clean the gas out and you should be fine or get a fuel restoring addative to help out the bad gas a little, if it smells vanished i would clean the fuel system out good or you might feel the effects of it for a long time

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
you could always let it warm up.. 10-15 minutes.. then try it. If it still bogs it's probably old gas. Empty it out.. then clean the carbs.. put fresh gas in.. and good to go

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Maybe your jetting isnt set up for the warm temps too. Either way learn to warm up a sled.....

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I have been told the best way to warm up a sled is just putz it gently around the yard, as it gets warmer start riding it a little harder. If you just let it idle it gets loaded up and builds oily crap up in the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
dodgetruck2 said:
I have been told the best way to warm up a sled is just putz it gently around the yard, as it gets warmer start riding it a little harder. If you just let it idle it gets loaded up and builds oily crap up in the exhaust.
I put my boots and snow pants on, and then a sweatshirt. I walk out and start my sled. I come back in and put my tekvest and jacket on, put my helmet on, then my gloves. Double check that I have everything with me and then I ride around the front yard for a few minutes until it seems like its getting more power ( or when I had a Fusion, once the motor reached 100 degrees, and I woudlnt even touch the throttle till it reached 90 ).

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just needed to warm up

·
Registered
258 Posts
Did you treat the gas with anything before storage? If not I would still drain it and refill with fresh fuel. Then add some seafoam and go from there.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the gas goesnt smell stale...i just gonna run it all out

·
Registered
474 Posts
Check your plugs after riding it though. I was able to pick up a blown sled last winter early because the carbs had some water in them. Water in the carbs from condensation/snow getting into the tank could cause a bog or worse.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
sledcrusher said:
dodgetruck2 said:
I put my boots and snow pants on, and then a sweatshirt. I walk out and start my sled. I come back in and put my tekvest and jacket on, put my helmet on, then my gloves. Double check that I have everything with me and then I ride around the front yard for a few minutes until it seems like its getting more power ( or when I had a Fusion, once the motor reached 100 degrees, and I woudlnt even touch the throttle till it reached 90 ).
ya i do agree with that, and i do a version of that idk what the temp is ut ill put my stuff on losly like not button my jacket leave my helmet and gloves off and let it idle while i put them on then i will putz around the yard for a few minutes then take off

1 - 12 of 12 Posts