Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I ordered a shop manual for my 87??? Tundra two days ago and was just looking at some schematics online. Here is my question:

Does the manufactured date equal the year of the machine? There is a plate on the body that states it was manufactured in 1987 - does this truly make it an 87?

All of the schematics have "Citation" as one of the hood decals, but mine has "Rotax" as a decal. I checked through various years and they all (1987-9+) say Citation. I could not find one that had Rotax as a decal. Was the Rotax model made in multiple years and does the plate on the body (that says manufactured in 1987) equate to me having ordered the right shop manual or should I worry?

Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
837 Posts
87 is the year it was made but the year it is called would be a 88, for snowmobile this year they are called 03 but almost all will have a date code of 02 because thats when they were produced. so you need a 88 manual

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey MG ....

You were spot on with this one ... it is a 1988. Thankfully, the shop manual is the same for both years. It should be here on Tuesday so I'll be spending my evenings getting even more acquainted with my machine.

Thanks for your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts