Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a xcr 700 at my buddies house where i found a hole in the heat exchanger im pretty sure all the coolent leaked out, and when i pour more in it leakes out is it ok to start the sled to get it on the trailer and then around back and into the basement where i can work on it? thanx

· Registered
2,384 Posts
Its fine to run it, as long as you dont let it run to long and over heat it. Odds are if u lost coolent its not going to circulate, and it dosnt take very long to get a sled hot when that happens.

· Registered
3,504 Posts
you should be ok and im think the waterpumps in those sleds have oil lubricating them?? correct? other than that its ok to buzz it up to the trailer and into ur workspace

· Registered
1,552 Posts
my idiot lite sender came out in my yard once and i rode it about 800 feet to the garage with no coolent when the sled was warm. you will be fine. get it on the trailer and shut it off, then in basement and shut it off. dont let it run very long and you fill be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.