Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Maine is going to get hit with another major winter storm. They're predicting anything from 8 to 20 inches of snow by the time it winds down on Sat.

This is going to set us up real nice. We already have a good base from the Christmas day storm where we got 12+ inches. They're also predicting another major storm for Wed of next week.

Sounds like winter has finally hit in the north east! Seems like we've got that old one storm per week pattern going. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [8D]

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
HOLYSHIT!!! SWEET I HOPE IT HOLDS UP TRUE!!! wow.. last nite they said 2 to 4 inches for my area.. they must have upgrade or something :)

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GRAY ME

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORECAST

1025 AM EST FRI JAN 3 2003

...WINTER STORM WARNING FOR TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY
MORNING...
.THIS AFTERNOON...MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE MID 20S. NORTH WINDS
AROUND 10 MPH.
.TONIGHT...SNOW. ACCUMULATION 3 TO 6 INCHES. LOWS IN THE UPPER
TEENS. NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 20 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100
PERCENT.
.SATURDAY...SNOW...TAPERING OFF TO FLURRIES EARLY IN THE AFTERNOON.
TOTAL ACCUMULATION...10 TO 20 INCHES. WINDY. HIGHS IN THE MID 20S.
NORTH WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Urgent - Winter Weather Message National Weather Service Binghamton NY 1100 AM EST Fri Jan 3 2003

Broome NY-Chenango NY-Cortland NY-Otsego NY-Tioga NY

Snow Will Continue Into Tonight Across The Susquehanna Region Of New York...Falling Heavily At Times From Midday Through Around Midnight. Snow Will Occasionally Fall At The Rate Of An Inch Or More Per Hour...Particularly During The Afternoon And Evening Hours. The Snow Will Taper Off To Snow Showers By Saturday Morning...With Total Snowfall Amounts Of 10 To 18 Inches.

Looks like we get the same storms pretty much[:p]

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just started snowing here in NH about noon time, so it should be heading your way in Maine... They're calling for 12-18 inches by tomorrow afternoon. [8D]

I'm at work right now with my sled sitting outside... Can't wait for the commute home!!! [:D]

-Mike

·
Registered
129 Posts
where getin a godd dumpin..........yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa....where ya been tfin? ridin or shovelin!!!!!! lmao

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I rode yesterday magnaman (Sun). Trails were awesome after they groomed. We rode up towards Noridgewok and back. Lot of sleds on the trails. I'm sure you must of been out as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Tfin,
Do you have any idea how the trails around Newport are? Hoping to head up that way this weekend and want to make sure the trails are good.
I heard Newport area only got around 8 inches on Saturday instead of the 18-24 they were suppose to get.
Hoping for plenty of snow!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No sorry Indy500, I didn't get over to Newport. Your best bet to find out though would be on Sledmaine.com Someone from the bulletin board should know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts