Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys! i was just wondering, is it OK if i ride both of my sleds in the winter with LED strips on them? i have LED's on both of my sleds, and just wondering, i live in Illinois

thanks!
mike

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Don't think its legal to ride with them on. It is different in different states. In Vt, you can't.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tdgbigfoot said:
Don't think its legal to ride with them on. It is different in different states. In Vt, you can't.
haha great!, thanks man, i'l look into it more, to see if it is in Illinois, if not, no problem.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Motermike, you can find this information specifically to your state in your state's list of statutes which should be posted online somewhere. The biggest problem with using LEDs on a vehicle is when you are crossing a public way. Keep in mind these laws vary greatly from state to state. Another factor is what color your lights are. In the end, I have found that it really all depends on how much of a dick the law enforcement officer is on these type of issues, mostly because these laws are relatively insignificant ones, after all they are just lights. So the odds are that you are taking a chance but its nothing too big. In Maine, it is 100% legal to have underglow/LEDs on a vehicle as long as it isn't on a public way 'and not in motion'. It's laws like this that give all the power to the officer because they are rely heavily on the officer's judgment.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bames said:
Motermike, you can find this information specifically to your state in your state's list of statutes which should be posted online somewhere. The biggest problem with using LEDs on a vehicle is when you are crossing a public way. Keep in mind these laws vary greatly from state to state. Another factor is what color your lights are. In the end, I have found that it really all depends on how much of a dick the law enforcement officer is on these type of issues, mostly because these laws are relatively insignificant ones, after all they are just lights. So the odds are that you are taking a chance but its nothing too big. In Maine, it is 100% legal to have underglow/LEDs on a vehicle as long as it isn't on a public way 'and not in motion'. It's laws like this that give all the power to the officer because they are rely heavily on the officer's judgment.
thanks alot man!, i also wanted to ask a quick question, to you, or anyone else who reads this post, my old sled has a couple small rips in the track, i don't plan on going to crazy with it, do you think it'l stand up this season without breaking? i really don't have the extra money laying around for a while

·
Registered
848 Posts
If you posted some pics of the tears it would be helpful. If it is anything slightly significant I wouldn't get too far away from home with it lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bames said:
If you posted some pics of the tears it would be helpful. If it is anything slightly significant I wouldn't get too far away from home with it lol.
il try to get a pis up asap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts