Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after i ride my sled the idle hangs at like 3500 for about 4 seconds before it drops down to normal. its an 03 pro x 800. thanks for any info

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
i would say not lean then, lean would show whit/grayish color. try cleaning the carbs and make sure to get the pilot jets clean.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
slamdry said:
i would say not lean then, lean would show whit/grayish color. try cleaning the carbs and make sure to get the pilot jets clean.
ok, top end seems fine it seems to me its the low end, it has diff pilot jets in it than stock, im thinking that may be the problem? the carbs were off my old edge.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
well i would start with a good carb cleaning and then play with the jets if its still acting up. just make sure to watch the plugs and make sure you dont lean it out. and take small steps like one size at a time when you start playing with it. dont want to throw it way off the charts and out of reach ya know.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thats where I would start...
Pilot...idle, just off idel
Needle...Midrange
Main...3/4 to wot
Clean carbs, does that have a fuel or air screw? check pos.(richen up) or bigger pilots..chack plugs after idle hang...wide open will only check the main.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3ft said:
Thats where I would start...
Pilot...idle, just off idel
Needle...Midrange
Main...3/4 to wot
Clean carbs, does that have a fuel or air screw? check pos.(richen up) or bigger pilots..chack plugs after idle hang...wide open will only check the main.
fuel screw, when i turn the idle down to like 50 rpms it wont hang anymore. i have it set there untill i can figure out whats wrong with it.

·
Registered
916 Posts
there's nothing wrong. your air screws could use a 1/4 turn. at idle your sled runs on air screws and pilots. air screws are easy to adjust. don't waist your time with jets, just adjust your air screw a bit. If it only hangs for 4 sec then pretty normal for a lot of sleds. On a crisp -30 C day any stock sled will have a bit of idle hang. No biggie.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
boody1981 said:
there's nothing wrong. your air screws could use a 1/4 turn. at idle your sled runs on air screws and pilots. air screws are easy to adjust. don't waist your time with jets, just adjust your air screw a bit. If it only hangs for 4 sec then pretty normal for a lot of sleds. On a crisp -30 C day any stock sled will have a bit of idle hang. No biggie.
thanks for the info it worked, just had to turn the air screw a little.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts