Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the m-10 has a bit of travel and I know is a falling rate suspention but I wanted to know how well it handles the big bumps and some good jumps.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The M-10 is a trail skid BUT back in '96 Tony Hikonen (sp?) had it in his '96 MXZ 440 sno x sled SO they must have some sort of a way to "beef" them up to take the big stuff. I had one in my '96 XCR 600 but the motor blew b4 I could really ride it and I sold the sled soon after the boom. Seemed ok from what I could tell. Other here will give you more info though.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
In the last few inches of travel, the M-10 goes from falling rate to rising rate. If you set it up with the right spring rates and shock valving, I am sure it could make a good mogul-muncher.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Does the xtra 12 act in the same way as the M-10?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
The M-10 and XTRA-12 are similar in some ways. The XTRA-12 does not have the rising rate in the bottom of the travel--it is falling rate the whole way. It seems that the XTRA-12 is "less coupled" than the M-10, also. The M-10 is simpler, therefore probably easier to tune.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Braaap Pack also used to use a Blade in there arial shows so an M-10 can take jumps but it must be stiffened greatly with the FRA.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The M-10 is very tunable for taking big jumps. Its all in the set up.

Try reading this article it really helped me with the setup of my M-10
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.net/PolarisRich/2

·
Registered
385 Posts
Can I swap out an xtra 12 to a m-10 without front suspension mods?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts