·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a 250 racing class?

·
Registered
572 Posts
what kind of racing you gonna do??? speed runs, drags, or what?? most places ive been to have a 0-340 cc class for stock and improved stock, or open class. a couple races i run at even only have a 0-440 class,(stock and imp stock) so with a 250 you wouldnt stand a chance, its even hard for me with a 340, "tuned",to run with some of the 440's that show up. but have won several against them. like a wise old racer once told me, "you dont have to be the fastest sled, just the fastest that day".

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was going to get a 340, and start doing mods this summer or fall

·
Registered
572 Posts
good to see young people interested in getting into racing, but its lots of hard work, and countless hours of prep and tuning, not to mention countless $$$$'s for the little payback you get, but its fun. if your looking at 340's might want to consider some of the vintage ones. the polaris txl was a good one (kinda partial to that one, obviously) but the srx 340 was a good one too, one of the few 340's that i have been beaten by. not many mfg's are putting $$ into making a smaller cc race sled in the last decade, since bigger is better these days. ands not much call for 340 cc race sleds.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Originally posted by fasttxl340
[br]good to see young people interested in getting into racing, but its lots of hard work, and countless hours of prep and tuning, not to mention countless $$$$'s for the little payback you get, but its fun. if your looking at 340's might want to consider some of the vintage ones. the polaris txl was a good one (kinda partial to that one, obviously) but the srx 340 was a good one too, one of the few 340's that i have been beaten by. not many mfg's are putting $$ into making a smaller cc race sled in the last decade, since bigger is better these days. ands not much call for 340 cc race sleds.
Don't forget MERC Sno-Twisters, they are almost untouchable.
[attachment=23616]
[attachment=23615]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whats the gas milage one a 340? and how much should i pay and what year should i look for?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts