Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was thinking, and anyone who rides a sled likes fresh stuff to ride on. But, is there such thing as to much snow? I mean, yea, we all love 2-3 feet of fresh powder on the ground with a solid 5 foot base, but, is there such thing as to much snow? Some of you think this sounds crazy, but it's true! I'm sure most of the people on here have been stuck and had to dig.

[red]IS THERE SUCH THING AS TO MUCH SNOW!?[/size=6][/red]

·
Registered
661 Posts
I believe there is. When you get a 4ft new snowfall on top of any base, then go out riding with someone who is not experienced. They tend to get stuck alot & deep. That can be a pain.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Or breaking trail through some serious drifts...... especially when you get stuck in another spot FIFTEEN FEET from the last place you were stuck!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Originally posted by Indy400_88
[br]Or breaking trail through some serious drifts...... especially when you get stuck in another spot FIFTEEN FEET from the last place you were stuck!
I know exactly what ya mean!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I remember the Blizzard of 1997 up here in North Dakota. I always wondered what it would be like riding after that snow storm hit. I see pictures and there are snow drifts as high as our house. I couldnt ride in it because for one thing I was only 6 or 7 and we had an old snowmobile.

I wonder if there was to much snow than.

·
Registered
137 Posts
^^^^ya that flood in the spring was really bad....i live in Breckenridge so all the water was sent right at us....so there is a such thing as to much snow.
[attachment=48757]
[attachment=48755]
[attachment=48754]
Pictures from are house.

Attachments

·
Registered
963 Posts
i think that there could be if you were getting stuck every minute but i haven't had that much ever. so bring on the blizzards.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
yes and no. if your a newbee then yes because you lack the experience to handle so much snow. but if your more experienced then i think that there is a fine line between awesome and over kill. but if theres to much snow also depends on what you ride. if your riding 300 4 feet may be to much but if your riding a 1000 then 25 feet may be to much. see what i mean

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
If you have a long track then there is no such thing, but if you have a 121 then you can get into TO MUCH SNOW. Digging sucks. Without counting the base we had 5 feet of powder by the end of February here lasts season.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
for around here never because for the last three years theres barely been enough snow for 2 weeks of riding. i know i guy who was riding in revy and he had a polaris vet escape with 1100cc triple on nitrous and 159 track and he got stuck lots and he was far from being a newbie rider

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Heck NO!! not for Maine!! last time it was great ( statewide ) back in winter of 00-01, man that was A+ , I bet Onlooker24 would agree with me as well.. otherwise last few years just gotta trailer and find snow! [:)]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts