Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1995 Polaris xcr 600 tripple with slp pipes has a clutch kit has 5400 miles on the sled. The whole motor was rebuilt along with the clutches. The sled is mint looks like new. He is asking 1300 were these good sleds?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
snowmobileguy said:
1995 Polaris xcr 600 tripple with slp pipes has a clutch kit has 5400 miles on the sled. The whole motor was rebuilt along with the clutches. The sled is mint looks like new. He is asking 1300 were these good sleds?
They went like hell. But they are heavy and the tripples like to pop. But all rebuilt for 1300 Is a very good deal. At least where I live.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
snowmobileguy said:
I am going to look at it this week sometime.
Be carful about people saying sleds are just rebuilt though.
These are the pistons on my moms sled that she bought that the guy said was just rebuilt, we ran it under 400 miles. Note the brand new shiny rings:

Auto part Disc brake Wheel


Auto part Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Wheel Brake
 

Attachments

Joined
·
1,810 Posts
Abbott911 said:
snowmobileguy said:
I am going to look at it this week sometime.
Be carful about people saying sleds are just rebuilt though.
These are the pistons on my moms sled that she bought that the guy said was just rebuilt, we ran it under 400 miles. Note the brand new shiny rings:
You're not kidding. That's gotta be THE BIG LIE from sellers. I swear 8 of every 10 sleds for sale claim "less than 50 miles on rebuilt engine" and some even claim "0 miles on rebuilt". Unless I see receipts for parts or labor, I won't believe them.
And if it hasn't been ridden, there's no reason for not having receipts.

And I'd be leary of any sled where the seller had a non-working speedometer on it also. I saw one guy say he thinks he forgot to hook it up when he repaired the sled. SO???? He's too lazy to take 2 minutes to check and fix it before he rides 500 miles (or more) ?????????????????????
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
Abbott911 said:
snowmobileguy said:
1995 Polaris xcr 600 tripple with slp pipes has a clutch kit has 5400 miles on the sled. The whole motor was rebuilt along with the clutches. The sled is mint looks like new. He is asking 1300 were these good sleds?
They went like hell. But they are heavy and the tripples like to pop. But all rebuilt for 1300 Is a very good deal. At least where I live.
wrong wrong wrong wrong.
triples are only on average 60-70lbs heavier then a twin... thats not that bad. also the hp to weight ratio is far better in a stock 600 triple than a stock 600 twin. third triple pop pistons because people dont pay attention to jetting and maintnence. i have 5800 miles on my ultra motor and 1200 of them where with pipes and aftermarket goodies. put a holtsman tempaflow on a triple and do the maintnence any you could see 10,000 miles out of it. the monoblock triples had a problem with spinning the crank tho. that was because of bad lubercation.
get facts straight before posting
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,480 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
Abbott911 said:
snowmobileguy said:
1995 Polaris xcr 600 tripple with slp pipes has a clutch kit has 5400 miles on the sled. The whole motor was rebuilt along with the clutches. The sled is mint looks like new. He is asking 1300 were these good sleds?
They went like hell. But they are heavy and the tripples like to pop. But all rebuilt for 1300 Is a very good deal. At least where I live.
wrong wrong wrong wrong.
triples are only on average 60-70lbs heavier then a twin... thats not that bad. also the hp to weight ratio is far better in a stock 600 triple than a stock 600 twin. third triple pop pistons because people dont pay attention to jetting and maintnence. i have 5800 miles on my ultra motor and 1200 of them where with pipes and aftermarket goodies. put a holtsman tempaflow on a triple and do the maintnence any you could see 10,000 miles out of it. the monoblock triples had a problem with spinning the crank tho. that was because of bad lubercation.
get facts straight before posting
^+1 Actually, the listed dry weight for a 95 xcr 600 is 476 lbs. Thats pretty light imo. Triples dont pop. There were one or two years where the XLT motor had oiling issues that caused crank failures, but thats it. POor maintenance or improper jetting will pop a motor, not a third cylinder.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,694 Posts
This brings up a question for me? I just rebuilt my engine and do have all the paper work for it but I dont believe it says the km on it? Would it be worth my time to hand write the kms on it when it was rebuilt? Or will the buyer not believe it anyways? Also my trip meter has not be changed since rebuilt engine so if I sell it any time soon thats how many kms are on the engine for fact.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
on the monoblock motor alot of people run the center cylinder a jet size or two richer to keep that cylinder cooler as it has a cylinder on either side of it that conducts heat into it. thats why the monoblock poped the center piston. then polaris dumped the monoblock and went to seperate cylinders like the ultra 680.

you could write out the km's on the sled but it might not matter. you could take a picture of the speedo with a camera that displays the date on the corner and then keep it with the paperwork. does it have a speedo?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,694 Posts
Luke said:
sTOrMy96 said:
Abbott911 said:
snowmobileguy said:
1995 Polaris xcr 600 tripple with slp pipes has a clutch kit has 5400 miles on the sled. The whole motor was rebuilt along with the clutches. The sled is mint looks like new. He is asking 1300 were these good sleds?
They went like hell. But they are heavy and the tripples like to pop. But all rebuilt for 1300 Is a very good deal. At least where I live.
wrong wrong wrong wrong.
triples are only on average 60-70lbs heavier then a twin... thats not that bad. also the hp to weight ratio is far better in a stock 600 triple than a stock 600 twin. third triple pop pistons because people dont pay attention to jetting and maintnence. i have 5800 miles on my ultra motor and 1200 of them where with pipes and aftermarket goodies. put a holtsman tempaflow on a triple and do the maintnence any you could see 10,000 miles out of it. the monoblock triples had a problem with spinning the crank tho. that was because of bad lubercation.
get facts straight before posting
^+1 Actually, the listed dry weight for a 95 xcr 600 is 476 lbs. Thats pretty light imo. Triples dont pop. There were one or two years where the XLT motor had oiling issues that caused crank failures, but thats it. POor maintenance or improper jetting will pop a motor, not a third cylinder.
Holy crap my sled weighs 505 lbs.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,694 Posts
Luke said:
sTOrMy96 said:
Abbott911 said:
snowmobileguy said:
1995 Polaris xcr 600 tripple with slp pipes has a clutch kit has 5400 miles on the sled. The whole motor was rebuilt along with the clutches. The sled is mint looks like new. He is asking 1300 were these good sleds?
They went like hell. But they are heavy and the tripples like to pop. But all rebuilt for 1300 Is a very good deal. At least where I live.
wrong wrong wrong wrong.
triples are only on average 60-70lbs heavier then a twin... thats not that bad. also the hp to weight ratio is far better in a stock 600 triple than a stock 600 twin. third triple pop pistons because people dont pay attention to jetting and maintnence. i have 5800 miles on my ultra motor and 1200 of them where with pipes and aftermarket goodies. put a holtsman tempaflow on a triple and do the maintnence any you could see 10,000 miles out of it. the monoblock triples had a problem with spinning the crank tho. that was because of bad lubercation.
get facts straight before posting
^+1 Actually, the listed dry weight for a 95 xcr 600 is 476 lbs. Thats pretty light imo. Triples dont pop. There were one or two years where the XLT motor had oiling issues that caused crank failures, but thats it. POor maintenance or improper jetting will pop a motor, not a third cylinder.
Holy crap my sled weighs 505 lbs.
 
Joined
·
1,810 Posts
MakingTheWinterGoByFaster said:
You're not kidding. That's gotta be THE BIG LIE from sellers. I swear 8 of every 10 sleds for sale claim "less than 50 miles on rebuilt engine" and some even claim "0 miles on rebuilt".
Like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Arctic-Cat-440-2-up-prowler_W0QQitemZ140384840770QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSnowmobiles?hash=item20af96ac42

"This is a 440 liquid coled 2 up it has a new top end with no miles on it,"


1400 miles and new top end?????


Anyone have an emoticon shoveling duty?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top