Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at an 07 IQr 440 and I need to know a few things. The guy said he would sell the whole sled complete for 4250. And the chassis for 3500. When I asked him if he would negotiate the price he said, Come look at it and we will talk the sled is worth every penny I'm asking. He said he has $3500 in the motor and clutches. It was a crate motor package bought from polaris in duluth minnesota. The sled looks to be in great shape. I told him if he can drop the price to $4,000 I will see if I can take a look at it this weekend. Is that a good price?

How fast/quick are these 440's? Or am I just going to end up putting a 600 in it?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'd go check it out
I would think over time you will want to put a 600 in it anyway.....
but I believe those 440 ran good.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
depends what you are looking to do with it, i believe from what i have herd, the 440's have a narrow power-band in them and are not good for some ridding applications w/ that chassis being so light and aggressive a 600/600H.O in it would pretty much run w/ most anything and in most cases outrun most,

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Good chassis, but after my pro-x (same motor) I will never buy another 440, unless I get a different motor for it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it as a rolling chassis, but don't pay $3500 for it as a roller. Or like you said buy it as a 440 and drop in a 600 h.o.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
From the sled your coming off of you will be more than happy with it. Trail convert it and ride it for a season, if you decide you like it, drop a 600 in it.

·
Registered
863 Posts
is this the sled here?
if it is, i have been looking at it for a while

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-snowmobiles-2007-IQ-440-FOR-SALE-NEEDS-TO-GO-ASAP-W0QQAdIdZ213542972

1 - 6 of 6 Posts