Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just recently bought a 1993 XLT 600 SP, with a mnoblock motor and it has only 200 miles on it. I was just wondering how these sleds are and what the specs. are as far as the suspension travel, horsepower, etc.. And what other things should I do to this to get it ready for the trails, besides new plugs, gas and lubing the suspension. Thanks

·
Registered
802 Posts
XLTs are great sleds, but I think the 93's were 580s. Unless someone put in a 600 with olny 200 miles on it?

·
Registered
901 Posts
they are great sleds, have nice horse power, i think a 93 has 88 hp? the suspension wasnt the greatest in the early xlts but with an upgrade to an xtra-10 or xtra-12 they become really comfortable. but if you trail ride stock suspension will be fine.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The XLTs were great sleds. They put out about 95 hp and the suspension was pretty good in it's day. If the trails get rough, just stand up and let your legs act as shock absorbers.

·
Registered
901 Posts
i would also advise to get at least a 2inch riser. its amazing how much better they handle with that little bit of bar rise.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
i got this from
http://www.geocities.com/schmidt92/polaris_faq.html

YEAR MODEL 1993 XLT & XLT-SP /////CHASSIS Wedge //////DISPLACEMENT 580cc /////////INTAKE-TYPE Piston Port ///////EXHAUST 3 into 1 ////////////CARBS 34mm roundslide ////////EST. HP 88 ////////SUSPENSION FR/REAR Std 7"/ITS 8"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts