Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i looked over my new to me 96 ultra Sp and found this [attachment=50663] i was just wondering if that is common and what i can do to prevent it from happing again.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
What is it? Looks like a piece of aluminum that cracked and eventually broke in two. Looks like the larger hole is elongated also...

And by the looks of it, it has been cracked for awhile.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
WOW, that is NOT common! Who the hell knows how that happened! Wow, I have a set of 97 straps, won't fit in the 96s as a pair, but I wonder if that one would cross reference with the 97, if so, I got ya covered! I have never seen a broken motor mount!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
That is not common. Very impressive though. What does the rest of the machine look like???

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
If that motor has that much H.P, can I have it?!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not common I have a 96 has 6000 mi just pulled the motor out to put a xcr motor in and reused the mounts becaused I couldn't find anything wrong with them . When you put your new mount in check the rubber snubber for adjustment. Can't help but think that it was on the loose side allowing too much flex or it's a just plain freak. Good luck

·
Registered
685 Posts
You can break motor mounts from abuse. What I mean is doing jumps and landing on hardpack surface. The stress of the landing and the machine slamming onto the gound places great stress on the sled in general but also the motor mounts.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
A violent enough blowing belt could do that probably, or crashing into things. The wrecked 96 I had shattered the mag side one after it met a tree. So I've still got a good left side one....PM me

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Wow, that looks bad, Id start looking over the rest of the sled a little better, especially where the tunnel meets the seat area. If you had a Yamaha, this would be common though. I havent seen a 700srx that wasnt broke yet.

·
Registered
334 Posts
That is fairly common. I've seen several of them over the years. One way to help prvent it from happening again is installing a torque arm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts