Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/snofan/../images/users/Jakyll/Water-landing.jpg

I found it on the Internet somewhere, but can't remember where though. [:(]

If anyone knows the outcome, has an acutal video clip, or knows if it comes from some "Sled Neck" type video, I'd like to know, so I can see the result.

Personally, I don't think it's possible, but I keep saying that each time the new "Sled Necks" comes out, also.

--Jakyll

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
lol.....hes gonna land somehow, it looks like its gonna be a pretty hard landing and he might have some chin to handlbar contact, but it mainly depends on the experience of the rider, regardless who is riding it, they will get a pretty good jolt when the hit as i see no landing ramp

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Actually that is a clip from Thunderstruck, the guys does land that and ride away. He pulls quite a few jumps over a hundred feet off that ramp, the dude even pulls a barefoot skier across the lake-the whole time the skier is pulling trick and stuff...funny as hell! Of course they do end up sinking the sled a couple times, but there is a lot of killer footage in that video. Definetly recomend getting it, the guys who made the video are frequently on the Snowest forum.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
well it looks kinda fake to me.. who would want to jump a good sled and know there going to lose it in the lake? its kinda early but that just looks like open water to me.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
It is open water, like I said he jumps it in the video probely 15 times that they show - and sinks it twice. Think about it, if someone gave you a sled versus you buying it, I'm sure you would be more apt to try crazier stuff.....They just take it to the extreme, and I have the video and it's not fake.

·
Registered
155 Posts
There are always going to be disbelievers out there. For some people, if they don't see it live with their own eyes, it is fake no matter what you say. No, I don't believe everything I read, but if I see it, and I have, I believe. Would I do that with my own sled? No, no, and no. If it was sponsored and they gave me a sled? Yes, yes and hell ya! I have seen them run on the lakes and it looks like fun, but alas, I have no sponsor, nor am I rich, so I am a sideliner.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
lol........i didnt even realize he was jumping into water.....

·
Registered
506 Posts
ouch is the operative word

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
it isnt.. i watched sled necks 4 i think or some video were this guy jumped a pro-x 440 race sled over these villa roofs in the mountains then jumped an entire ski lift.. wayy over shot the landing ramp and jumped off the sled and his shin busted through his leg.. it was wicked.. i almost ralphed they take a close up of it. when he comes outa the hospital his sled is in the back of the truck.. pretty bent up..

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i saw that too, the guy jumped this building and wasnt gonna land it right so he bailed at the last second and landed one legged, needles to say, that leg just snapped, u could see his leg flopping around and when he stopped uc ould see him grab his leg and put it in the position it should have been

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by Alaskangold
[br]Actually that is a clip from Thunderstruck, the guys does land that and ride away. He pulls quite a few jumps over a hundred feet off that ramp, the dude even pulls a barefoot skier across the lake-the whole time the skier is pulling trick and stuff...funny as hell! Of course they do end up sinking the sled a couple times, but there is a lot of killer footage in that video. Definetly recomend getting it, the guys who made the video are frequently on the Snowest forum.
I ordered thunderstruck last week, should be here soon! :)

-Dean

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Dean, you are gonna be very pleased with this video...wanna the best I've seen! For the record that was nasty in SN4, oh and the guys name was Garth Kaufman - and Jay Quinlan jumping the ski lift.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yes Quinlan jumped the ski lift, over shot it then bailed and walked away. Kaufman jumped the cabin and came up short and snapped his leg.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
No flyin ryan, I'm almost positive that the broken leg came from the over shot chair lift...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts