·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 97 xc 440 my friend hit 95mph on speedo why does nobody believe me

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I believe you, it was on a jack stand, right?? Why is it so important that anyone believes you? Our trail speed is 55 mph, and on a sled, thats fine, once in awhile its nice to open and play, but whats so big on the speed? Hitting a tree at 55 or 95, your dead.........

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I believe you. My brother has the same sled and I've hit 95 on the dreamometer too.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why is it important because i know that the people on this site no what there talking about and i show them that some people who no what there talking about do believe its possible

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
thats on the spedometer. not the real speed. the newer sleds are quite acurate but th older ones arnt quite.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when i did the lake runs there was a 06 switch back 600 beside to see if my speedo was accurate to the new ones and my speedo was 1 mph higher then his remind u that im not saying this is on radar only on the speedo

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I believe 95 on the speedo. My GFs 95 xcr 440 will hit 95 on the dream o meter no problem, with only clutching and studs. Realistically prob only high 80s, but not bad for an old 440.

·
Registered
295 Posts
(laughing) dreamometer 95 on the speedo holy shnit BATMAN!
Almost sounds like the crotchrocket guys (boy man I was cruising down the freeway at the speed of light and almost ran into a rhino)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Yah thats kind hard to believe I guess, Polarisperson has 2 440's and they top out at 60-75.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
My 97 xc440 would put the speedo right to 100 on ice. I always figured it was more like 90. It was dead even with my buddies stock 01 yzf 426 with ice screws. It was always a toss up on who'd be a snails crawl faster at wfo.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
With a 440, because of the low horsepower, there is probably a 20 mph difference in the top speed on ice versus the top speed on snow.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Depends which 440 you speak of. My 440 is running 90+hp. The 97 xc was around 80 hp.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Originally posted by JD
[br]With a 440, because of the low horsepower, there is probably a 20 mph difference in the top speed on ice versus the top speed on snow.
Thats for sure...that thing was a pooch in the fluff, or soft trails.

·
Registered
123 Posts
yea the wedge chassis speedo were of oj average 10 miles an hour

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]Depends which 440 you speak of.
Yes, you are right. My '92 Indy 440 is probably only 60-70 hp. I have seen 95 on the speedo on an ice-covered road. But, I have also been in powder where 60 mph would be impossible.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
for those who do not believe a 440 is'nt fast ,go buy a 1979-82 ski doo 9500 plus restore it and go punch it and hope you survive,a very wicket running 440

·
Registered
847 Posts
james i dout ricks 06 rmks speedo is the same as urs the his is outta wack too on the gun personaly 80-85mph

1 - 20 of 21 Posts