Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I found this ad on Ebay while browsing around for some stuff and it seems like a really good price. Maybe it is a scam just wondering what u guys thought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-SKI-DOO-MXZX-400-LC-REV-440-MXZ-440-X-LC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42598QQihZ006QQitemZ160072488419QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
You know what they say, if it's too good to be true......

I'd assume it's a scam.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
the guy is rich we doesn't know how much it is worth
[attachment=55691]

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
hmm it looks ok to me his member ratings are good and one of my buddies bought a rev 440 for like 2000 but he knew the guy good

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Sure seems like a great price. And the auction seems to be fraud protected. Be cautious as far as payment. Do not wire money to anyone.

·
Registered
244 Posts
the guy must be loaded look at the viper in the pic

·
Registered
661 Posts
Seen these before. Notice how he wants you to e-mail him if you want it now? It's a scam in my opinon. He probably hijacked someones e-bay account Run the VIN & check it out. Bet it's not a good VIN.

·
Registered
409 Posts
If you want to buy it, see how close he lives to you. offer him to meet half way or pick it up yourself and if he gets all worried or acting funny its probably a scam!!!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I just asked him a question about the sled to see what kind od response I get. I'll let you know after I get an answer what I think about it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I live way in MN and he is in NY, but I saw it and thought that it was a scam or a smokin deal just seeing what you guys thought.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
HMMMM!
Pre Approved Bidder's Only!
E-Mail (Me) if you want to Buy Now!
Sure look's like a hijacked account, and a Scam to Me.
Rick

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If u look at what he has bought on his profile it is like Freemason cufflinks and stuff

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
im guessing its a scam seeing as it has reverse no race sled has reverse and no one would put reverse on a race sled.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I was on Ebay earlier today and seen a 700 RMK 06 that was going for $2600 alot of those scams going around right now!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Who knows its ebay but the guy looks rich and probably doesnt know any better! I say it real???? I think!

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
Pre-Approved bidders only and email for BIN...I'd say scam. I don't think I've seen those two characteristics on a sled that wasn't a scam.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Do not conatct or try to bid this is a scam I have reported to e-bay and it will be removed soon. Hi-jacked account fishing for personal info or your money .

·
Registered
284 Posts
DO NOT BUY!! This is a scam... He want's you to e-mail him at a different e-mail address then what is under his account. This is what all scamers do, this way the actual owner of the account has no idea that this is actually occuring.

Also notice... I believe the reg tags on the sled look like Michigan tags.. to me at least... I dont know if ny ones look the same which is where the auction "says" the sled is located.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts