Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally had to buy the sled i have been using for the last 3 years, its a 1998 polaris xlt limited. engine is stock, its clutched and geared and studded, done by me. the question i got is, is this sled worth a $1000 , or did my brother inlaw ask to much. thanks for the input...

·
Registered
145 Posts
If it has a good running engine and the track and the suspension are in good shape its definetly worth $1000. Plus the XLT's tend to have decent resale value especially with the 2up models. If your avatar picture is the sled your talking about then $1000 is a fair price. Plus you have to look at it this way. Even parted out a sled can be worth at least $500 or more to the person selling off its pieces.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You rode it for the past three years, whats it worth to you? But if it was me, and hes asking 1000.00 show him 800.00 cash and tell em its all you got. I have an xlt also, and I never had a problem with it, it is an excellent all around sled. Have fun riding

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well I would say it is just look at it like your paying past rent for it.
You got one hellof a test ride.
Xlt around my area are going for 1500 and up blown up ones are going for 500 to 1000 so I think its worth it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
in my area you got a steal, that sled here is selling for $1500-1800, really rough or not running at all they are $800-$1000

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the input, i thought i got it for an ok price cause i guess i have known it its whole life so i know what its been throught and whats been put into it. i was just seeing what everyone else thougth.
its just to ease my mind that i did not spen to much.
thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts