Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve recently got a 96 Polaris Indy 500 l/c 121”. The air box has some sensor or plug on it, and the carbs don’t really fo into the seals on the lower part of the box well.
Is there a way to figure out whether it has the right air box on it ? Or 🤷‍♂️
Here is some pics, and yes I do have top part as well jusy didn’t snap a pic of the top.
Any help would be great,

thanks Rob
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas Hood

Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior

·
Registered
266 Posts
something isn't right for sure, the hoses on the air horn of the carbs look like a radiator hose, id defiantly say its molested

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep those are rad hoses for sure, dunno whether the carbs should have a boot in the back side into the box or if the holes should fit over the carb or what

·
Registered
266 Posts
seen air boxes several diff ways , some have a lead in rubber boot that goes into a velocity stack , some just go in plain , look up a micro fish at a parts vendor and try to compare it , parts pit stop / Babbitt's

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I went into Polarispartsonline.ca looked up parts and the diagram for 96 Polaris Indy 500 and the air box for my machine doesn’t have a sensor or wiring connection on it, nor does it seem to have anything from the carbs to air box.
So I’m betting/guessing this is the wrong air box for the machine …???? 🤷‍♂️ Lol

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I vote no. That may be from a newer wedge era sled with bigger carbs and they were making it work.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts