Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
sounds good bud!! but i cant see you getting in trouble for it, but if you go on groomed trails that are private property don't be on it as much, loud noises close trails.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Depends who's listening and how you drive it, my neighbors think that my push mower is too loud.

·
Registered
873 Posts
If you really want to know, take it outside. Everything sounds louder inside, especially if its a confined area like a shop. Rule of thumb, if you (as a snowmobile enthusiast) thinks its loud, somebody that isn't will think it is WAY too loud.

Chad

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
It is also louder because you dont have your airbox on.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got hold of the DNR. They just said trailer it over here and we will test it for you. So that's what I'm going to do on Saturday.

Wish me luck I hope it's no to loud.....

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
dont ask dont tell, if your to loud you will find out and if you get caught just play dumb

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Better get it checked out. I know in my area, we don't need anymore trails shut down because of excessive loud pipes. Not everyone likes the sound of pipes at 2 am.
Are they stock?? If so not much the DNR can do. If they aren't they are going to make you quiet them down or go back to stock.

·
Registered
567 Posts
take sos pads and stuff a few up the exhaust when you test it lol hahaha i know a guy that did that so he could get into yellowstone with a hopped up f7 but that was a few years ago

·
Registered
591 Posts
Around here you will not get stopped on the trail, but at gas stations. The main gas station on the trail in my town, you come in the back, and by the time you see the dnr guy sitting there it is too late.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
sledneck777 said:
Depends who's listening and how you drive it, my neighbors think that my push mower is too loud.
x2 lmfao[thumb]

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Here in Wisconsin, I would be 20 bucks they will say its too loud. They will do anything to piss us off and get money. When we were four wheeling up north with our 400 ex's both equipped with loud FMF pipes and a Yoshimura, we got pulled over and we were THIS close to getting a ticket. They aren't that lenient on it. Good luck though..

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Ummm....

I hate to tell you, but that was a lousy sampling for noise... You hardly ever idle out on the trails, and that's all you did in the video.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Ummm....

I hate to tell you, but that was a lousy sampling for noise... You hardly ever idle out on the trails, and that's all you did in the video.
and I thought I was the only one thinking that...

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Its not any louder than my piped Ultra and i ve never had any problems with the rabbit cops here in MN, but then again i prefer ditches to groomed trails so....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts