Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering is this where you spray the foggin oil/snofan/../images/users/exciter_man/carb pic.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
I just spray it in the cyl and pull the motor over a few times..most people dont even fog their cyl and never have any problems..

·
Registered
671 Posts
i never do anything, just park it and but it up off the ground, and she's good

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
run it out of gas. or turn off the fuel shutoff, then run it out of gas. you want the carbs empty. then when it dies, hold the throttle partly open, and while squirting a bunch of fogging oil in the carbs, pull the motor over. it should start, and run on the fogging oil. keep spraying fogging oil in it to keep it running for like 15 secconds. Then hold the spray down, and bog the enginge with it till it dies. Now, put it back together, adn your done.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Exciter_man remove the airbox start the motor and spray the fogging oil in the carbs untill the smoke is so thick you can't see across the shop. By putting it down the plug holes it doesn't get to the crank bearings. IMO if a person doesn't fog their motor it is just a matter of time before you put a new crank in it. Riley

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I spay it in the air box till it stalls...

·
Registered
331 Posts
if you have a sled with a primer, you can take off the tube that is the priming line, and put the nozzle with the tube that comes with it there, and spray (with engine running) till it dies. Of course you want to have already put stabil in the gas and then after you fog the machine, shut off the gas valve and then drain the carbs....this should do ya.
Even if you don't have a sled with the primer hose attached, a lot of sleds have a little inlet with a rubber plug covering it that goes into the carbs, this is usually a good place to fog them too....good luck!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hey Ripperd,

How in the heck can you a) spray fogger in the carbs b) hold the throttle part way open and c) pull the starter cord. Do you just put something around the throttle. I'm not being a smart ??? just curious how people do things.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Exciter man, here is a pic of MY sled, maybe this will help with WHERE you can spray the fogging oil in...the yellow arrows are where the primer line is, you can disconnect it at the "T" and put the nozzle in there. The [red]RED [/red][black]is self explanitory. Hopefully this will help.[/black]
/snofan/../images/users/vtsheener/fogging.jpg

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I haven't fogged my XLT ever...it has been like 5-6 years....no crank problems yet. I haven't fogged a single sled.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
those look exactly like my carbs and i have the little inlet things you got on yours also so thats what i am gonna do thanks again

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Well, you don't hold all three at once. you spray a quick shot, and quick pull it over with the throttle open. when it hits off, grab the can, and start spraying more into the carb, and it will run.

·
Registered
671 Posts
the ol 1980 tx-c has never been fogged, and never and crank problems or anything. we never fog, but we do fog the ol 57 chev before we ptu it way

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've heard that you can summerize them or just get them off the ground like XLT said and this is from a dealer. but if you don't do anything you should start the sled like once a month for about 5 0r 7 minutes just to keep things fresh.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Who takes there belt off there sled when they store it for the summer.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i don't take my belt off, i don't fog it,i don't use sta-bil.never had any problems yet. if i'm not workin' on it i start it up once in a while,it's efi so i don't worry 'bout the carbs gumming up.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I never bother taking the belt off. I mean, if the clutches are in the idle position, there isn't any tension on the belt....it's loose to begin with.

Unless someone knows of some other reason why it's good to take it off, I say there's no need too. Unless it just gives you peace of mind? Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
331 Posts
about the only other thing I would do to 'summerize' a sled is put something around and in your sled that 'critters' don't like the smell of, such as moth balls, or Bounce dryer sheets. That'l keep them out of places that they shouldn't be....plug the exhaust too...but this is just my opinion...do whatever works for you, there are many many lines of thought on all these issues. If you feel the need to 'summerize' your sled, these are some of the things that are recommended, many people do not ever do ANY of these things and get along fine, I guess I would err on the side of overkill, ya know?! but thats just me. Better to be safe than sorry next season.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts