Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just wanted to update you all as we are getting slammed with snow right now. I see no reason why grooming wouldn't start by tomorrow at the latest, so you can finally start planning your trips.

Date:1-15-07
Well, we finally got the snowstorm we have been looking for last night and it is still coming down hard. In my conservative estimates I would say we have gotten at least a foot of snow so far and we have a snow advisory for the rest of the day as well, so by the time its done we should have plenty of snow. Trails were already decent on Friday so I am sure they will be in good shape now.

I would assume grooming will begin this afternoon or at the latest, tomorrow morning.

If you want to be added to my e-mail report just shoot a message to [email protected] or check out www.ishpemingtrails.com

Thanks,

Country Village

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Date:1-18-07

Alright,
Regular grooming is now happening throughout the county. Based on time and location trails are going to vary in condition but overall you will find good trail conditions throughout the area.
Weekly Summary: As of 1-18 all trails are now being groomed.

Snow Cover on Ground in Ishpeming: 12++
Snow Cover in Big Bay, Just to our NORTH: 12++

Area Grooming: The Moose Country snowmobile club does a majority of the Ishpeming area grooming. There are also several other clubs that maintain the other areas of the county such as Big Bay, Republic, Negaunee, etc... Trails are groomed on an as needed basis, so during busy times they are normally groomed at least once a day. During slower times, it may be every other day.

NEWS: Best time to ride is on a weekday. Less traffic.

Area Conditions: Grooming has begun and trails are now in at least good shape.

If you wanted to be added to my e-mail report list, let me know: [email protected]

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Just out of curiousity, do you know what they have for snow around Arnold or Cornell?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts