Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between last night's snow and what we got today over here in Northern Iowa, the grass if finally covered enough to ride. Total snowfall only amounted to about an inch and a half, and there are some bare spots yet, but I said the heck with it and took my sled out for the first time. I can't believe it's then end of January and this is my first time out. I rode around our shop til the snow was all tracked up.
Total miles this season: .04 mi

·
Registered
749 Posts
You poor poor soul. I've been riding groomed trails in new brunswick since december. Wher ya at?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
nothern iowa i think he said[:D] here in MN we finally got enough snow to cover the ground too.. but i live in an area with so many homes you cant ride. they will call the cops on you so o well.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
same here, just yester day in wisocnsin we got just enogh snow to ride,well sorta only about an inch if even that. So i decided to take my spare sled,86 ski-doo formula mx, and tear up my bcak yard a bit. Now all of the snow is gone a day later!! I im gonna go insane preety soon if i dont get to go snowmobilin for more than 10 min!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At least I'm not the only one who hasn't ridden much yet.
Is it bad if I find myself sitting on my sled making noises and pretending to ride like I used to do when I was younger?
Hopefully it snows a little more because the neighbors are starting to point and stare.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
WOW, I can't believe you guys are that bad off. We've been riding since Christmas. Granted we haven't gotten any new snow in almost a month, but we've got over 2 feet to ride on.

·
Registered
762 Posts
we started riding around Christmas, now we got about a foot and a half...nice powder too.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
The conditions are so poor here that while riding on the river one of my buddy's uncles blew his track cause it overheated.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Global Warming?????? Ya think??????

even though our storms here in California have been few and far beween... When they do come we get dumped on. We've been rideing since mid November, but there really hasn't been any signifigant snow out here since late december..... I think a small storm this weekend adding around 5-6 inches......

On another note.... It isn't cheap.... The cheapest generic gas in town is $2.06/gal for regular Unleaded... or $2.16 at Shell or Cheveron.....$2.56/gal for Premeium high octane....I think we've got some of the most expensive gas tin the USA!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
/snofan/../images/users/sleddaver/IM000132.JPG
Lots of snow in Parrysound Ont. Can. 6 feet fallen this year, 175 miles yesterday[^]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts