Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Story is also linked on the SF Home Pagehttp://www.news-herald.com/articles/2010/02/21/news/nh2131188.txt

This happened yesterday about a mile and a half from my front door. First off, The Gentleman involved in the crash is a fellow OSSA Club member, as well as a friend. I am Happy to report he is doing well, and should be home as of the time of this post. He was life flighted not due to his injuries, but mainly because this is a rural area, in the 20 or so minutes it takes to get to the local hospital, he could be flown to one of the awesome Trauma Centers in the Cities of Cleveland, Akron, or Youngstown.He was kept over night for observation, and was to be released this morning. Thank You Jesus ! His Son in-law and Grandson were a bit shaken up, but are OK ! Imagine seeing your Grampa wreck at 60 mph ! This leads to the reason behind this post. I thought the News Herald did a nice job covering this story. Some of the readers responses, however, have left me shaking my head. I have tried to respond as intelligently as I (Highlander Bob
)could. This is just a snapshot of the year in, year out struggle that confronts Organized Snowmobiling. If this article inspires comment, by all means please do so, just keep in mind the struggle we go through every year to keep the trails open, and use dignity and tact in your postings. This paper is widely read in rural Lake,Geauga and Ashtabula Counties, and this is a great opportunity to get the word out about the GOOD things snowmobilers do, and how we feel about those who ride without respect. I would like to close by addressing those few snowmobilers who continue to give us all a bad name by trespassing, vandalism, running loud pipes in residential areas, operating under the influence, and disrespecting OUR NEIGHBORS : JUST STOP ! Stop Now ! You're not cool, your not funny, and nobody is laughing. Countless dedicated men and women have secured and maintained these trails for the past 40 years, only to have people like you destroy in a night, what they have worked a lifetime to build. I don't hate you or wish you any harm, I am just confused by your behavior and total disregard for the sportsmanship that has always been the Hallmark of Organized Snowmobiling. I wish I could talk to you, take you to a Club meeting, show you the people you are hurting the most. I wish you would grow up.

Thank You
Bob Magyar
Montville Highlanders Snowmobile Club

1,792 Posts
It gets me all these people who jumped to the conclussion he was trespassing. Just because he was riding in a field! Sure there are idiots on snowmobiles, but probably a lot more in cars. Those people won't say one word about THEM.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts