Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my TXL running today, and took it out for a ride. the ditches suck, but our hay meadow still has a little snow in it, so i went out there. anyone know how fast these are stock? dad says he had it going 92, can that be on that old of a sled?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Wheres the pic's?[:D] I think hitting 92 km/hr isn't that unreasonable for an oldy. But they sure are fun to ride! Nothing better than throwing them around in the soft stuff!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will get some later on today, me and some friends are going riding. i think. anyway, look for pics tomorrow!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i used to have 2 non indy TXL's and could see 85mph on the speedo all day long. not the best ride but a fun one it was

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ i like the non-indy styling, that's what mine is. i could believe 85 mph quicker than 92 stock. it's got a chaincase out of an indy 500, and an indy 400 engine, so it should go a bit faster. i think we lost a tooth in the bottom and gained a tooth in the top, if i remember right.

·
Registered
725 Posts
^^ thats why you can hit 92, LOL .... sounds like a fun sled, I ran old sleds for a long time before I got into the newer stuff, old sleds are lots of fun and I hope to get another some day. Get some pics up man! that sounds like a cool project.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'll get on it. do any of you know how far out the idle and mixture needles need to be out on this kind of sled? it's running a little rich. i'd lean it out, but that's what caused last year's blow up. that plus about 5 years of not being run. it had 4500 miles on it. sorry no pics yet, i'll get them tomorrow for sure! we were having to much fun today. me and one of my friends went ditching, and he found a culvert with his enticer. he was only going 15 or so, so it just bent the spindle a little bit. have torch, will fix

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok here they are:
[galleryattach=15067]
side view. look mean? i didn't think so either.
[galleryattach=15066]
front view, looks kinda ugly from here.
[galleryattach=14205]
this is what i started with about 2 weeks ago.
[galleryattach=15060]
the 400 looks right at home, on top of our homemade mounting plate.
[galleryattach=15061]
i don't know if you can see the plate here or not.
[galleryattach=15063]
[galleryattach=15062]
we swapped it all out to oil injection. last year i was still mixing gas, and that's no fun.
[galleryattach=15064]
[galleryattach=15065]
we also had to remake the y pipes, but they look pretty good. if i had the money, i'd do more. i wonder if it is possible to redo the suspension like the ones off of newer indy's. i would also like to put a slightly bigger track under here, to go through a little more snow. does anyone know if these mods would work, or be worth it? i know it probably isn't, but i love how you sit on this sled. it's damn comfy. i should probably get it running right first, though[:D]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts