Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this morning when i woke up it was 28 degrees outside...you know its coming the o almighty..the stuff everyone loves...SNOW! haha i had such a thick frost on my lawn it almost looked like snow...made me so happy..

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Hey, I dont live to far from you. Today was nowhere near the biggest frost we've had this year. I've already seen snow flakes to! Nothing on the ground at all yet but I've seen it in the air.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I got to drive through some sleet this morning on the way to work, nothing to get hyped about...

Now the Grass drags this weekend!!!! [thumb]

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
You guys were happy with flurries, you guys might have been going crazy here. It snowed pretty much all day yesterday.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I took my jag last year on about 3 inches of snow. It was just enough to hide the grass. Fun stuff! Only about another month and a week and there should be some good snow!

·
Registered
271 Posts
We had about an inch of snow this morning south of Utica, the snow was pretty heavy at times this morning but not much accumulated because of the warmth of the ground. Still cool that we are seeing snow in Oct...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
I got to drive through some sleet this morning on the way to work, nothing to get hyped about...

Now the Grass drags this weekend!!!! [thumb]
I had some sleet this morning as well.

Where are the grass drags this weekend?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Seneca falls... (Waterloo exit off the thruway)

http://www.amsnow.com/events.aspx?page=info&eventid=1513

$10 per person, $20 per sled, racing all day.

http://cs.amsnow.com/snocs/forums/p/72812/350086.aspx

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Wow, long day.... Left before sunup, got home after dark, lost on a technicality 3 rounds in.

Did one of them crazy wheelies that I stood the sled almost upright, then I got dialed in to some pretty steady 6.51-6.53 second runs. (pretty good for a bone stock 700 with 10k miles and a fat-ass on it)

Lots of fun. God, I love the smell of racing gas and nitro fuel...

And I got my picture taken at least 30 times, including by the sled-press. (good thing the helmet covers my grey hair) I'd love see my Snowmobile Fanatics t-shirt or the stickers on my sled show up in a rag... (oh look, a shiny red sled!!)

All in all, not bad for a first outing... Much better than I expected, my buddy got eliminated first round.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Snowing up in the cascades here in WA!!! Just like the puppy said when he laid his tail across the railroad tracks "it wont be long now!!!"

·
Registered
4 Posts
We got one day of snow here in VT last week. I had 3 inches of snow on the lawn and got 2 miles put on the new sled. First tracks of the year! Can't wait! 20101024222937701_33840.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts