Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys, i have been working on this sled since the summer i have alot of man hours in to this thing. It started life as a stock 99 XC SP 500 but as usual I got bored with it, so then i went to the drawing board and came up with this as my finished product, it has a 03 XC SP 700 motor in it , the motor is all done cases are ported so are the transfers and there are booster ports in the pistons, it has a edge seat and gas tank on it, (that was fun to make work) it streched as you can see, it has a mrbp can on it, has 22/41 gears in it, has 64 gram belly buster primary fly weights in and the rest of the clutching is all custom. Please give me your honest opinion about the sled anything you like or dis like.

Thanks Thomas.
[attachment=57612]
[attachment=57613]
[attachment=57614]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Thats is a nice sled! Nice Job!

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
Very sharp sled...nice work! Personally, I'd hack the windshield down a few inches, give it a bit sleeker look, but that's just my taste. Awesome XC either way!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Nice sled, I did the same thing to a 99 700 xc sp. I'm kicking myself for selling it now, it was a great ride.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
ewww, joking...that is a very nice looking snowmobile awsome job man.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
nice, you should show a before and after picture

·
Registered
541 Posts
Excellent! That all black theme kicks a$$! Paint the springs black and as Quinlan stated, chop the windsheild.

·
Registered
352 Posts
nice looking sled i had a 99 xc500 like that. you need to put a black headlight cover on it

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thats a sweet sled! i would agree with hacking the windsheild down a bit and maybe putting some silver ski loops on it and even silver xc 700 graphics and that would blend in with the seat a bit better!
maybe even paint the vents silver instead of red.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I think that it looks great, I love the black. Keep it simple and try not to add any decals. Good choice with the motor. A little smaller windshield would be sweet.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Looks somewhat familiar... great minds think alike I guess! Nice work!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Originally posted by Devo
[br]Thats a sweet sled! i would agree with hacking the windsheild down a bit and maybe putting some silver ski loops on it and even silver xc 700 graphics and that would blend in with the seat a bit better!
maybe even paint the vents silver instead of red.
I agree with above,but it still looks great

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
real nice sled man I like it alot, the 700 must be a big improvement!

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Sweet sled!! I hope I can get my RMK to look that good someday[;)]

although IMHO I think it could look a little better if the seat was reupholstered red or black or maybe you could get some simple silver/chrome graphics for it? But it still looks super sweet as is

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys thanks alot, i forgot to put a befor pic on so i will do that.[attachment=57651]

This is what it looked like when i got it.

Thomas

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man i never though of silver vents, I think i will do that this weekend when i'm home for collage and ya i know i need to cut the windsheld down, but thanks for the resopnses

1 - 20 of 35 Posts