Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, my Pro X has arrived. I'll take pics later. I am very excited. I want SNOW!

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
C O N G R A T S ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Glad to hear you got your sled, about snow refer to the Mountain Riding catagory!!! Just teasing, best of luck to you with your new purchase.......... You'll love that Liberty 6, must see pics soooooooon.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics!

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Finally, the wait is over.

Now if it would just snow.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
What's the new 2003 Pro X weight?

I just read an article in the new American Snowmobiler Dec. issue and they said Cat listed a new official dry weight for the 2003 F7 EFI Firecat @ 470.5 pounds (no fuel, no oil).
I'd like to know as a comparison how well the Pro X stands against this.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Look nice...Now I really can't wait until I'm a bit older and can afford my own sled. That'd be so sweet...and I wouldn't always have to let my dad make the plans. I want his 800 X though so bad...I think that's what I will buy from him in a few years. That thing is awesome. Yer a lucky one.

AND...I thought that Cat said F7's dry were 435 lbs. or something like that? But that's published in a mag, and it does sound more right...by a lot. 435 I think could of been a complete lie if you saw 470 somewhere. HMMM...

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The dry weight on a paper I've got here is listed at approx 480 lbs. With all fluids but gas. I think that's not too bad, From lifting the front and back it is a lot lighter than my XCR was.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is a sweet sled hopefully by next year ill have one like that
, my 95 is getting boring

/snofan/../images/users/95INDYSPORT-NY/top2.gif

POLARIS--THE ONLY WAY OUT

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Hey ProX-man..........congrats on the new sleds.

All ya need now is $6.00 wheat, and snow 6 feet deep.

K

Nice pics, glad to see someones posting pics.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by wannabe377:

AND...I thought that Cat said F7's dry were 435 lbs. or something like that? But that's published in a mag, and it does sound more right...by a lot. 435 I think could of been a complete lie if you saw 470 somewhere. HMMM...

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black
[/quote]

The F7's ORIGINAL dry weight was 435 but due to some reliabilty issues they had to add a few pounds. Some upgrades were the rear heat exchanger, a new seat to accomidate the new heat exchanger(different material on the bottom of the seat). Also they moved the brakes off of the drive shaft.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
very nice indeed!! im with big will, jealous as hell, but happy at the same time, if i wasnt buying a house, id have myself a pro x, but wife wants house, sled later, doesnt seem fair, but i just have to live with it. hey pman, you should have taken a black marker and wrote :polaris-man on the little yellow tag, that wou,d have been a hoot

·
Registered
586 Posts
Most excellent indeed.I've been eyeballing those things and may see if I can swing getting one for myself.Gotta sell my old Indy first.Congrats P-man!May I ask how much that was, I've been looking around and the best around HERE so far is @$7,300.Damn I want one bad!!

my brain hurts

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
By saying your "old indy" do you mean your 2002 Pro X fan? A year old isn't that old...

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
874 Posts
That's a great looking machine P-Man! I haven't rode a short track for a long time. Me thinks I need to find somebody around here with one.

Flange

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It was not cheap. I paid $9620.00 Plus tax (Canadian) Comes out to just over 11 thousand dollars.

That hurts.... It's 110% worth it though.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
1 Canadian Dollar (CAD) = 0.63886 US Dollar (USD)

That means $9620 would equal $6145 US.

Polaris MSRP suggests $7699 US, so does that mean P-man got a GREAT deal or did i miss something?

In any case, it must feel great to have that sled sitting in the shed!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts