Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is. It was looking like this could have been the first Christmas that we did not have snow that I can remember.

BTW ITS STILL SNOWING.

At least now they will have snow for the IFSA show this weekend.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Are the lakes and rivers starting to freeze up at all? We were supposed to come down there I believe the 14th and 15th of January for Ice Races, but after talking to the officials they made it sound like the races were cancelled for sure!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cant see any races going on in Big Lake unless it get relly cold. As of 3 days ago there was no ice on Big Lake.

If the weather do not change it look like I will be doing more machine rescues then I would like to. I hate fishing machines out of rivers and ponds. [:(]

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Its Snowing again.
Wasn't supposed to start until after Midnight but at 2:30 it is snowing pretty good.

Supposed to get another 5-9" tonight.

I hope since it started early it will just add up to more snow.

Finally Winter is here!

THINK LOT OF DEEEEEEEP SNOW!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
We've got a couple inches in Fairbanks today, looks like it came up from the south. Probely same storm as you guys, hope it made a stop by Summit on it's way here.....Guess I'll find out in the morning!!!!!!Glad to see you guys down south finally gettin some snow, guess no more 500 mile round trips for snow huh!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TCMC what part of town are you in its not snowing on the East side. [:(]

Were still going North on Sunday for a day ride. Talked to the Forks Roadhouse and Mike said that they had no real snow yet.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I'm gonna be tied up this weekend but will be heading up to Eureka on the 4th hope to get 100 miles in. I hope we get more snow by then. There was 4-5' in the hills a couple of weeks ago but the low lands could use a little more snow. Probably already there but when can you have to much snow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts