Snowmobile Fanatics banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here is a good reason why I always loved my area. No matter what we have snow for riding when everyone else has nothing.

I think this is a good sign of whats to come..
Pics taken today around 3pm with just a lil over 7 inches
[attachment=47889]
[attachment=47890]

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
In cadott, we recieved 8 1/2 inches.
[attachment=47885]
[attachment=47886]
[attachment=47888]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
No, them are Jims sleds. He runs the 100 miler site. He just picked that new one up a month or so ago.

·
Registered
666 Posts
i was watching the news a while ago and they said that osseo received 16 inches of snow, up to 20 in the woods!!!

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
This was my Parents yard friday afrnoon around 2:30pm.

[attachment=48246]

[attachment=48244]

[attachment=48243]

[attachment=48242]

This was south of wausau about 12pm friday. Hwy 51 was a real pain. Max speed was about 40 mph but as always I had people that thought they could go faster. Most of them I waved to as I went by them in the ditch.

[attachment=48240]

[attachment=48238]

[attachment=48239]

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
So, how did the first mile of the season feel. I would have had my sled out but my dad wouldnt let me, he thought 8.5 inches wasnt enought. Actually about 5 minutes after he said that, i was warming my atv up to plow snow and managed to get it semi stuck going up a hill because there was so much snow. Ill quit my bitching [:)]

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
It was fun. Would have been better if the trails were open and I could of rode all weekend, but I will take what I get.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Ok, well about this whole ride...

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by SKYDE
[br]Ok, well about this whole ride...
How does Feb 10-11th. It would be the second week od febuary.

Also would you guys from forest cty be coming to vilas cty.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Chuck Feb 10-11 should be good for me.. I dont have anything planned and I dont believe anything should going on that weekend.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Chuck I was thinking a trip up towards threelakes would be a great ride. Ive always been told that the threelakes area has some nice trails. They are mostly all woods trails in long stretches, so no gas stations for a good amount of miles. Should be some nice snow conditions in the deep woods and some good things to look at as we ride. Set the pass a lil slower then last yrs ride and kinna take things in. I think the trip is 1 and 45 car ride from the laona area. So this would make for a good day ride or so.

Some of the cheaper places to stay would be in wabeno where we met last yr. Other wise I believe dave stayed in Townsend or lakewood.
All get some numbers, I believe we might be staying in wabeno.

Im not sure of a starting point We could all meet in Wabeno it would be a central location, that is if people are staying in lakewood townsend. Meet at the same Citgo we met at last yr, we all know where thats at now.

all get a map up with the areas we could start at and then our destination. We can all pick a starting point.. All also point out all the hotels and the cheaper ones etc.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
[attachment=48396]

Our Destination is Three lakes the black dot! Wabeno has the cheaper small motels. Its also where we all met last year.

The plan would be to leave from wabeno and head up to threelakes stop and take a break there etc. Then head back down to wabeno hopefully taking a different route if possible.

All work on getting a three lakes trail map. We are gonna need one of them for sure!

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well, here my delema. My cabin is winter and i live in cadott, my plan was that maybe i could stay a the cabin, trailer over to some where, but looking at this plan, im not sure it would be closer than just trailering from cadott. Actually looking at it on a map i dont think it really matters, its a long ass hall either way, in which im 1000% sure my dad wouldnt go for it, and about 90% sure he wouldnt let me go without him and if he did, i more than likely couldnt take the truck and trailer.

·
Registered
666 Posts
by the way, the date and everything else is looking and sounding good.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Anybody up for something a little sooner like shortly after the holidays? Ive never ridden in Wisconsin and would like to. My weekends are pretty open.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have to say there are some nice wooded trails around three lakes. We have a cabin there and that's where I ride all winter. Though, the trails toward Eagle River do get pretty beat up. Still a nice ride though.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts