Snowmobile Fanatics banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Chuck I ran into a issue today. I got the call this afternoon saying all be laid off from work during the holidday. The foundry is shutting down for some big rebuild. This takes a big cut out of my fun money, so Im not sure what will happen at this point. Hopefully with in the next two weeks all have something figured out.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by Zrxpilot
[br]Anybody up for something a little sooner like shortly after the holidays? Ive never ridden in Wisconsin and would like to. My weekends are pretty open.
I try to ride up there every 2 weeks. I will be up the weeek of christmas.

·
Registered
232 Posts
WOW, im off the site for a while and look what i miss. Im not sure on the days yet but im sure i can work something out! Last year was fun, (I whooped 440Racer!) and the snow was fair. this year looks to be a whole lot more snow. lets hope for the best![:D]

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]
[br]Anybody up for something a little sooner like shortly after the holidays? Ive never ridden in Wisconsin and would like to. My weekends are pretty open.
So you would be willing to be a tour guide to maybe me and Riley?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
[br]
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]
So you would be willing to be a tour guide to maybe me and Riley?
Sure, I will be at my parents in St.germain/vilas cty on late the 25th (dec) and going home on the 1st. Let me know what your plans are.

My wife and brother would be there also.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Any new developments????

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
No developments for me yet. Still laid off, and I cut back on my going out and what junk food I buy. So im getting some extra cash from that but not to much. Lookin at pushin more hrs at work but its hard being a full time student. Im running out of energy!

I would still like to ride, but dont stop any ride because of me. Im actually wonder what the snow condition will be like. Maybe we can get something going a lil earlier.

·
Registered
62 Posts
im down for a ride. never rode in the northwoods. actually never been up there in winter. i would prefer a fri night, sat night and maybe sun morning thing. any dates work for me but i need the time to ask off. Im off fridays so thats a good day to leave for me. Let me know. i dont wanna miss it this year like i did last year.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Holy Wah!!! I didn't even know this thread had started. I just checked it now (Dec 4th).
I requested off from work for jan 27th and 28th for the club ride that I doubt me and my girlfriend are going on.
January 20th and 21st which is NFL Championship Games weekend - great reason to ride.
February 2nd and 3rd is Superbowl Weekend - I make it Priority Number One to be snowmobiling on Superbowl Weekend. I think I missed three times in 19 years of riding.
I also put in for Daytona 500 Weekend, Feb 17th and 18th.
My weekends are thursdays and fridays, but I work 3rd shift, so being up really late on a thursday can be a challenge.
None of these dates have been approved yet, but I'm hoping they let me have all of them.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well with the condition we currently have in WI, Im not sure we should plan something yet. It might be best to wait for some snow to see how things are going to play out!

However I will be riding this winter! I was able to cut back on some things at college and stash some cash for the season now. Still wish I wasn't laid off, that would make the season easier.

Im actually thinking about hittin michigan for a day ride. So if your interest all let you know. Not sure how its gonna work, I just know where gonna trailer up in the am ride tell late in the day and trailer back.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Well Chuck with the way this winter is looking im not sure where any ride will take place.. I know Michigan already has ok snow conditions and I was told some trails are groomed and in fair condition.

Normally Forest County gets hit right around the holiday so im still crossing my fingers.. As that trip up an into threelakes would make for a nice slow and relaxing day ride.

For Michigan, I have never really go out and ventured around. So if anyone does come to Michigan it will be new to me. Might need a few maps and some planning to figure out how not to get lost.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Not sure about forest but southern vilas got 6". So I think they should have got aleast that much.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
poo poo pah choo only 6inches here in Forest County! Oh well I got out and put on 45 miles riding ditches and backroads. Sure did a number on my carbides and track lugs, should have road a lil slower and not spun as much.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts