Snowmobile Fanatics banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
12/23/06
THE STATE FUNDED SNOWMOBILE TRAIL SYSTEM IN VILAS COUNTY WILL OFFICIALLY OPEN AT NOON TODAY, DECEMBER 23RD!!!

ooo I dont think them are gonna hold up to long or look good after a weekend or riders. We need alot more snow.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ah heck, if we're going to Three Lakes, we should just go another 15 miles and go to Clearwater Lake for a, um, hehum, uhhh, a show at Weasle's. hehe. Any updates on an exact date yet...I'm trying to plan out for winter weekends...starting to get packed. Any chance we could spend a night or something up there? If not my buddy and me are going from Three Lakes out to his cabin up on Hwy. 55 and then maybe north into MI the next day, then back down again on sunday. It would be a lot of boondocking from the east trail out of Three Lakes to 55, then backroads and ditches from there. I think he would have enough room for 2 or 3 more people at his cabin.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Last time I looked at the snow-cams and conditions (john dee dot com), it didn't look too good.
Some areas had snow, but nothing that was gonna hold up to a million sleds between Christmas and New Years.
This is starting to look like last year.
...... stupid weather.........

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Ahhh rain rain and more rain! lets just say this the 6 inches of snow we had took a hit last nite then it snowed an inch. So my 80 miles of ditch bangin might be my only miles for the year if this keeps up.

MMm Eagle River trails looked like poo this weekend. They took a big hit from all the riders that came up. I wouldn't even think about a trip to anywhere the has open trails. Most trails that are open are just hanging in. They have the minimum snow needed to open the gates to ride but not enough to pan or groom.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I cant believe this. The fields where covered I couldn't see any grass and now all I see is grass and patches of white. Sure riding the fields and ditches wasn't the best but now all I can do is sit and look at my sled. Looks like I sold the dirtbike way to soon.

I keep thinking about heading up to watersmeet as they had open trails but Im sure the melted a good amount.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts