Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my old cr250 back from my step father! its just sat in the shed sence I sold it to him..

Heres a pic from today, 4th gear jump. Getting used to the bike, again.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
crdude said:
Bought my old cr250 back from my step father! its just sat in the shed sence I sold it to him..

Heres a pic from today, 4th gear jump. Getting used to the bike, again.

CRDUDE!!!!! Back on Red

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
polaris1man said:
CRDUDE!!!!! Back on Red
Deffinitly on red, thats why I got the name. [8D]
Had this bike from 06 to may of 09. Been very well taken care of thats why I jumped on it when I had the opertunity. [thumb]

pic from 09, but it still looks exacly the same, and just as clean! unfortunatly I popped the rear tire today. dont see any cuts in the tire so I dont know what happend... This tire is a PITA.

For the bike being a 96' I was suprised how many complaments I got at a BBQ I went to the other day.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
crdude said:
polaris1man said:
CRDUDE!!!!! Back on Red
Deffinitly on red, thats why I got the name. [8D]
Had this bike from 06 to may of 09. Been very well taken care of thats why I jumped on it when I had the opertunity. [thumb]

pic from 09, but it still looks exacly the same, and just as clean! unfortunatly I popped the rear tire today. dont see any cuts in the tire so I dont know what happend... This tire is a PITA.

For the bike being a 96' I was suprised how many complaments I got at a BBQ I went to the other day.

I'm with yah crdude, '96 Yamaha WR250, complete rebuild bottom up, Hotrod connecting rod, bearings, piston, rings, re-nick cylinder. Then the best, '93 YZ250 pro-circuit pipe/silencer, '93 yz250 Keihn carb, all hooking up to the factory WR gearbox. Unbelievable on power, all over the gear band

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mad-Boondocker said:
nothing like the 250 2 stroke. am i right?
You are right!

I'v never rode a bike with a wide ratio trans before.

My bikes geared pretty low and with the fmf pipe/silencer its got mad snap, power hits like I flipped on a light switch compaired to the rm250 I had last year.

got my tire broke down today, turns out an old patch on the tube is leaking.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
crdude said:
Mad-Boondocker said:
nothing like the 250 2 stroke. am i right?
You are right!

I'v never rode a bike with a wide ratio trans before.

My bikes geared pretty low and with the fmf pipe/silencer its got mad snap, power hits like I flipped on a light switch compaired to the rm250 I had last year.

got my tire broke down today, turns out an old patch on the tube is leaking.
Wide Ratio is unbelievable as a Woods bike, riding the sled trails, etc. Then when it's time to burn all 5, well, I got the YZ250's on top!! With the closer ratio's on the YZ250's they are more in the tight stuff, but on the sled trails especially, the 'ol WR250 performs very well. If I put the Mukuni carb back on the bike, then it's a bear to keep the front tire down

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
polaris1man said:
If I put the Mukuni carb back on the bike, then it's a bear to keep the front tire down
I hear that. The cr pulls the front end up threw 4'th, takes a little tug to get it pulled up in 5'th but its duable.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I got rid of my mikuni and replaced it with a PSI carb and that thing is a monster with it mikunis are good carbs. I would throw one back on there but I have that PSI and it rocks

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
crdude said:
polaris1man said:
If I put the Mukuni carb back on the bike, then it's a bear to keep the front tire down
I hear that. The cr pulls the front end up threw 4'th, takes a little tug to get it pulled up in 5'th but its duable.
With the Mikuni on the WR250, more raw power and top end, where as the Keihn carb, made the bike easier to ride in the tight stuff, lost a bunch off the upper mid to top end, but normally 1st/2nd/and 3rd is all it takes to have some fun

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What keihn carb did you have? My bike has a 38mm PJ carb.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought I could make it, lol...

about 2' deep in the middle and gnarly mud... buddys king quad hardly made it threw, blaster got baried so did a honda 250 forman or something.. I had never seen a creek (yes creek... thats flowing water not just a puddle) be so deep when its only 4-5' wide.

then I got another flat, AWSOME... Just what I wanted... already got it apart and tubes fixxed, ill toss it together in the morning.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
crdude said:
I thought I could make it, lol...

about 2' deep in the middle and gnarly mud... buddys king quad hardly made it threw, blaster got baried so did a honda 250 forman or something.. I had never seen a creek (yes creek... thats flowing water not just a puddle) be so deep when its only 4-5' wide.

then I got another flat, AWSOME... Just what I wanted... already got it apart and tubes fixxed, ill toss it together in the morning.
Ever thought of strapping a electric trolling motor and fish pole to the forks on days like this[thumb]

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mad-Boondocker said:
doesn't that suck when u get suck? i hate it when it happens in big mud hole the it starts raining
I get stuck all the time, alot of the riding we do is in the swamps.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Mad-Boondocker said:
^^bad decisions make for good stories
Isn't that the truth!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts