Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here is the gig. I have taken out the old jackshaft and matched up the new. Reason for replacing is an old bearing wore a grove deep into the OEM shaft that was in the sled...

I have verified all bearing in good working order, replacement shaft is straight and so forth... Also followed the polarispartshouse dot com's fiche regarding part placement. Got things all done and put back together and the jackshaft is seized....

So I have taken everything back apart. Here is the deal. Both ends, if I tighten the bolts it will not spin or is very hard to spin.... Hard enough that with out a chain I have to put the secondary clutch on with key to manually spin the shaft...

So either way weather I put the bearing washer and castlenut back on or if I tighten the locking collar nuts back on the shaft will not spin... But if I push the shaft in and just gently tighten the nuts on the clutch side I can feel it tightening up.

I am at a loss as how to put this back together and have the damn jackshaft spin freely like it is supposed to.

Any hints tips tricks or dynamite is appreciated.

Thanks,
Clueless
Brendan

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well since no help was offered I continued on my way trying to correct the problems... Turned out I needed to compress the caliper fully and reseat the pads so the rotor had the needed room after bolts were tightened. All is well now. So for anyone reading this and having that problem this is my follow up... Listen to the part its hitting and figure out why... generally it is wrong part or human error.

Happy Jack Shafting!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts