Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as many of you know i have recently picked up a 81 jag 4000. i got it running and at first it ran good. then i took it to my friends house to let him ride it for the season. well we took it around the lawn tonight to see if it still ran. we started it up and it was running so/so. so we start driving it and it would rocket off the line but if you would let off the gas it would start to bog down and die. we had to work the throttle to get it 2 idle again. even when its idling its not ideling great sometimes misfires. i have cleaned that carb 3 times and everytime i cleaned it spotlesly. also it has new plugs.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
What's the temperature out side. It could be to warm out for the jetting. Otherwise I would say you have some water in your gas.

Backfiring makes me lean more towards water in the gas. Dump some seafoam down it or just drain the gas and put fresh stuff in.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hope its not the temperature, its actually below 10 degrees here. i also have drained the gas and put fresh gas in it along with sea foam. when i looked down the gas tank the gas looked green though. im pretty sure gas shouldnt look green, but like i said when i put it in it looked fine.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It will appear blueish/green or even black/green depending on what type/color oil you used to mix with the fuel. Even if it's oil injected it is a good idea to mix your gas/oil (for the first tank or two) until you know the injector pump is working.
If you didn't mix then it may still look grenish color due to the Sea Foam. I'd play with the mixture screw on the carb until it runs out good.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
u think it is the air fuel screw. we didnt have enough time to try that and i have never had these problems with the air screw before. but you do own a lot of arctic cats and i wont hurt 2 try

1 - 5 of 5 Posts