Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we got a 92 jag special, i believe it is a 440, it will start on either and die, when we pull the plugs they are wet, i am pretty sure the crank is full of fuel

my question is where is the drain plug to see? i look all over and cant find it, is it accesible with the motor in the sled?

if you have another suggestion as to why it die let me know

thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
This probably wont help but on my 91 Polaris 650 triple the drain was on the front of the motor directly below the exhaust y pipe all the way toward the bottom of the front

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for answering, I didn't find it, but I get shootin either down it and eventually got it run. Runs real good now, so I am not sure if it actually had anything in the crank or not, or if it had just goten flooded out.

·
Registered
737 Posts
dodgetruck2 said:
Thanks for answering, I didn't find it, but I get shootin either down it and eventually got it run. Runs real good now, so I am not sure if it actually had anything in the crank or not, or if it had just goten flooded out.
[/quot you might want to change the needle and seat to prevent it from happening in the future

·
Registered
822 Posts
I'm going to say needle and seat, like duece said. Saved many a headache with the install of new needle/seat assemblies. They just wear out and then they don't seal and presto, your crank is full of fuel.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
dodgetruck2 said:
Don't use Ether to start your sleds!!!!!!! That burns hot enough to take all the oil off the clyinder walls. 1 good shot of ether will start compression loss very fast. It's either UOPK or Madcow who is an advocate for this.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont use it so much to start them, but to find out if there is even any potentional to start, if it cant ignite either something is wrong, and it usually only takes once, after that just the choke does it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts