Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I don't expect you to be jealous of my '98 Ultra (although I love it!), but I think most of you would like to have my riding season!

The first photo is my Ultra warming up beside my Ram, and one of my buddies getting ready to go fishing. Well over 15" of ice and just enough snow... November 24!
/polarisman/../images/users/north of 55/Nov 24 02 - Mid Lake.jpg

The second one was taken last weekend... Over 4' (yes, I mean 48") of ice now. Should be able to keep riding until at least the end of April!

I guess that's why Yamaha, Arctic Cat and Polaris test up here eh?

The only thing you might have trouble with is riding at -40 for a few months!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
That sled is actually quite nice, must be nice to ride that late. We already can't ride here anymore.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the fishing was pretty rough (not a thing that day) but it sure was nice to get the sled out for that first ride!

Yup, I wouldn't trade my Ultra for anything... it's smoooooth!

There's only one thing I'd like to change, and that's the skis. Plastic ones would be nice... The old girl's a little overweight!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's right... I don't think I'd take a new sled over my Ultra. Over 7,000 miles and nothing but belts, bearings and carbides! No complaints here!

My next sled's going to be a 4-storke, it's not going to be a dog and it's not going to be a Yamaha, so the old Ultra's going to have to make it through a few more years.

Anybody know who's selling C&A's for a decent price?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Originally posted by Alaskangold
[br]Nice sled, I too have been riding since November. We can usaully ride tell the end of MAY though!!
[:0]Holey crap.The hell with Florida for march break.[:D]I say we all go to Alaskangolds place[:D][:eek:)]

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I think the final ride I went on last year was the 20th of May or something, funny thing was they got 3 feet like two days before I got there. Prolly could have rode there a couple weeks after that even!!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Originally posted by North of 55
[br]

There's only one thing I'd like to change, and that's the skis. Plastic ones would be nice... The old girl's a little overweight!
I have a XLTsp in the wedge chasis too. I changed to SLP SLT plastic skis this winter. Made all the difference in the world for my sled. Nearly eliminated darting and tracking, which was pretty bad before. I've been able to take most of the preload off the front and the steering is super light now, but with 10 times the bite whilst cornering then before.

The wieght savings was about ten pounds. But that is unsprung weight, so it feels like more.

You might want to also look into polaris OEM plastic skis. I've heard good things about the new duel carbide ones.

·
Registered
352 Posts
normally i can ride till around end of april..but the past 3 winters stunk so bad we didnt have any snow hardly all year...i had to take it up north to get in any powder we already dont have enuph snow and its only the beginning of april. :(

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
We just got a foot here in northern MN in the last two days [:D]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts