Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at 97+ jeep wrangler with a 4clyd auto, it looks cool with out stock rims. It is wrecked so it needs a little work. Color olive green with tan interor. My friend and my other friends sister have jeeps with four squirlers in them both with 5spd.Do they acclerate that slow. thanks for advice.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
The 4 banger 151 2.5 with an A/T is an absolute DOG. Luckily you can pick up an AX5 (make sure it's not the AX15 for the 6) for really cheap and swap it in. Or just buy a 4.0 and tranny combo for a few hundred. I know of 3 4.0 drivelines out of XJ's for less than $300 a piece if you want 'em. One of which only has 107k on it.

Bryan

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
FYI this is an old hobby of mine that I haven't had time for recently. I've done about 10 engine swaps into several different CJ/XJ/ZJ/YJ's.

This is my 82 CJ that I swapped a 4.0/TF999 into, currently in CO tearing up the trails.

[attachment=51030]

Bryan

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My friend whos sister has a 92 jeep with the four that same friend has a 82 CJ-5 with a 360 amc i believe its yellow with a 2 inch lift. I still like my old chevrolet but this would be a daily driver. Don't wan't to swap the motor really, I do like the color.[:D]

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Ya, I spray-bombed that back in the day before Fast and The Furious came out and all the little ricers were using it. If it's just a daily driver then just leave the A/T in there - but it's a bear above 75 on the expressway - Jeeps have the aerodynamics of a brick through water.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Heh. I rented a 4 cylinder jeep when I went to Colorado some years ago. The little turd wouldn't pull 5th gear on the higher altitude highways. But in 1st low range it would climb straight up a mountain without even touching the gas pedal.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Originally posted by butcher_boy
[br]Heh. I rented a 4 cylinder jeep when I went to Colorado some years ago. The little turd wouldn't pull 5th gear on the higher altitude highways. But in 1st low range it would climb straight up a mountain without even touching the gas pedal.
You can pick the front end up off the ground in 1st and low.

Bryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts