Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had any insight into this problem. I have a 1994 ZR 700 Mountain Cat, the motor was recently rebuilt (with-in 10 operating hours)When I hit full throttle it seems as if the engine floods out / boggs down even in heavy powder. It also has a tendancy to foul the plugs (sometimes wet, always black) I was wondering if changing the jet settings would help. I am located in Grande Prairie Alberta Canada (about 2350 ft above sea level) I was wondering if anyone had any idea what size jet I should use (410 / 400 / 390 ?) Any help would be great Thanks![?]

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
There should be a jetting chart on you're belt shield.
Rick

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The belt sheild is missing, the jets that are in it are not 420's like I first thought. They are 350's

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Don't know if the Mountain Cat specs are any different, but my 1994 repair manual for the ZR's gives the following:

1994 ZR 700 Jetting spec

2000 feet
-40(C) to -29(C): 430
-29(C) to -18(C): 410
-18(C) to -7(C): 390
-7(C) to +4(C): 380

Go up a jet size if you have to use 10% ethanol fuels

Stock pilot jet is 40, pilot air screw is 1 1/2 turns out from lightly seated, Needle Jet- AA-4(224), Jet Needle- 7DJ2-3

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would seem that some serious mods have been done to my sled as I had to jet it down to a 310 in the mountains (Hasler, BC) this weekend. I still could've gone down to a 300 but didn't have any with me. But after a few hours of messin' about with the jets it seemed to run ok. (Well enough to break through a snow bridge at 40 mph and break two ribs on my handle bars) The sled faired better than I did, no real damage to it, I bent the bars that's about it. Oh well, a bad days sledding is better than a good day at work!

·
Registered
128 Posts
hahah so true

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I went to the Doctor today as I didn't get any sleep last night due to the pain, turns out I have two broken ribs a cracked rib and a broken hand/thumb, not to mention a few bruises. BADGES OF HONOUR! Doc says the ribs will heal in about 3 to 5 weeks, just in time for our yearly trip to Revelstoke and Valemount BC when we can do it all over again. LOL

·
Registered
282 Posts
if you are seeing dark plugs you should be taking the needles down some,i do believe in 94 that the 700 and 580 shared the same mainjet chart,could be wrong but fairly sure,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts