Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is what we need guys is that freaking jet stream to come back down ,,into the U.S ,and the wheather report said here in central new york that by end of next week the jet stream will be down around goergia so we will be getting the snow, with this wheather we may get dumped on keep a eye on it

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
yeah we will get good snow and cold yet. last year we didnt get any real cold until the middle of feb. then we had the week of below zero.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I hope so!, won't believe it until I see it happening tho! will believe it when I see my own frost breath and some snow front of me.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
My forcast calls for temps to atleast be below freezing (most of 10 day forecast) also for a snow shower on sun. I hope it dumps on us, not sure how much they are predicting, prob to early to tell yet.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
locally here we aren't suppose to see any winter like weather until around the 15th of Jan.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Today it was +4C here in Labrador. Normal temps is around -25/-35C. But there is supposed to be snow on Sun. and Tues.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Our local guy said that by the weekend of the 15th there are going to be some big changes. It's getting below zero here next Thursday night. After that weekend there is a good chance of a "major snow event." We've had plenty of moisture lately... it's just the wrong color. Maybe this arctic air will be just what the doctor ordered.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we have spent the past few days on jet skis,i ended up trading my 950 for a 2001 mxz 800 hopefully it wasnt a waste so we will have to see,really truthfully i dont think they know how to determin the wheather,but they say lake effect snow for the central ny area for mon tues and wed so we will have to see

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Well I'm not gonnna be happy until I get THREE storms just like CO did!!! [:(!]

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is true, as a pilot today I had a the chance to talk to a meteorologist and the jet stream has been more north then any other year causing lots of snow for us BC and Alaska guys. The high pressure system is moving down aswell as the jetstream, causing a low pressure trough to develope around michigan, new york state ect. Expect the cold weather to start in a about 10 days and im banking on quite a bit of snow for those areas!! Hope you new york guys get a little bit of the heaven we have been having!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts