Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to jet my 700 .. i just put 40mm mikuni flat slides on and they had 500 main jets wich seems way to big. so i tried 300s wich my mechanic gave me and it seems to lean now. does anyone no a ballpark were i should be at? it has an aftermarket can ,guted airbox,and v forse 3, im riding at about 1500 ft,

· Registered
169 Posts
If 500 were to big and 300 is to small I would start at 400 and go from there.

· Registered
196 Posts
TSF said:
im kinda new to this and not sure how to tell were im to lean so im trying to get a farley close number to start at
Call the dealer. Get the factory jet number and buy it. The main jet as well as needle Set the needle jet in the middle notch. If your machine is running lean your plugs will be greyish in colour. Brown is good. Black is rich.

· Registered
3,504 Posts
didnt the 2001 xc700 come with flatslides? if so goto www.partsland.com and search 4 the breakdown of the carbs. I will post a link if u dont get to it

http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N=1266719180-2228&P=SM-2001-700-XC-SP-CARBURETOR
there u go! flatsides on non ves 700 twin,calibrate the carbs to these settings.And ride-on

im not a carb tuning wizard,so a 2nd opinion from a fello SFer would be nice. Im almost sure this will work.

· Registered
3,214 Posts
xc600rmk said:
didnt the 2001 xc700 come with flatslides? if so goto www.partsland.com and search 4 the breakdown of the carbs. I will post a link if u dont get to it

http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N=1266719180-2228&P=SM-2001-700-XC-SP-CARBURETOR
there u go! flatsides on non ves 700 twin,calibrate the carbs to these settings.And ride-on

im not a carb tuning wizard,so a 2nd opinion from a fello SFer would be nice. Im almost sure this will work.
best advise here.....I would just ad....set to those settings.....and tune on. They may not be spot on for the 98 with a GUTTED AIRBOX

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.