Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a primer kit on my XCR and need some help on how to go about it, specifically how to get the choke assembly out, I'm assuming this is not that difficult but I haven't had a ton of time to look at it so far.

The primer itself is a relatively easy looking install but what I need to know is how do I get the choke plunger out of the carb body? Is it just held in by the tension of the cable or does it screw out? Probably a dumb question but I just thought I'd ask before I put it in tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
XJ88Laredo said:
I am installing a primer kit on my XCR and need some help on how to go about it, specifically how to get the choke assembly out, I'm assuming this is not that difficult but I haven't had a ton of time to look at it so far.

The primer itself is a relatively easy looking install but what I need to know is how do I get the choke plunger out of the carb body? Is it just held in by the tension of the cable or does it screw out? Probably a dumb question but I just thought I'd ask before I put it in tomorrow.
I believe either 1/2" or 13mm wrench is all you need to unscrew the choke cable from the carb bodies. Sometimes they can get seized in from neglect and will require a soaking in penetrating oil to free them up. You could just leave them there it shouldn't hurt anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts