Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine just replaced his jets (99 ZL500) the shop said they were pitted? Does this happen? SHould i be looking a replacing my Jets (95 XLT SP)? Anyone have any experience here?

Rich

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
The main and pilot jets shouldn't unless there was water left in the bowl and it started pitting them (I know aluminum oxidises and steel rusts but what does brass do?!?) The needle seat (what the needle closes against) can become worn out and need replacement.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Ever see that Simpsons episode where they sold him the Stem Lube Package with his tires?.?...this sounds the same to me.

But just the same pull them and look at them, I have 5 year old jets in and 81 Trailcat, they are a drarker brown, but smooth as a fresh grromed trail,
and I never even fog that old sled, just cover it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
brass will corrode if exposed to water. pull'em check'em if the surface is corroded then there's a good chance that the inside is too if not put them back. a friend has a 92 indy 440 that she put on 300 miles on it the 1st year she had it and it's been parked ever since. I went over it with a fine tooth comb on sat and the jets were like new. The gas was soo bad it wouldn't even start my buddies snow blower in the heated garage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts