Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live in nebraska and i have a 2000 sks. the guy i bought it from road in the mountains with it. what should i jet it down to and clutch it to. looking for performace on the lakes.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
You would have to go fatter with your jetting and heavier clutch weights and prob a heavier primary spring Im guessing. Find the stock jetting and clutching specs for a regular trail sled of the same year and engine size. Either at dealership or search this site or the web. You could prob just call a dealership, Im sure they would give you that info over the phone.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
First off you need to find out what is in it for clutching and jetting,

Stock jetting for a 00 SKS 700: 190pto/195mag

You can safely run 185/190 or even leaner as long as your riding under 3000ft, the 2000 700's were jetted pig rich from the factory, the 185/190 is safe down to 0 degrees, if you know how to monitor plug color and piston wash you could probably even go down to 182/185 and for sure it would run really crisp then, just make sure you don't go too lean and burn it down.

Stock clutching is as follows: Primary 10-60 weights with a Almond spring
Secondary: R-11 helix with a silver/blue

I would suggest going with 62's to keep the peak RPM's @ 8-8100, the polaris Almond spring is a good spring for that sled, in the secondary the R-11 will work good with the Silver/blue spring set in hole #2, for a bit more aggressiveness you could step up to the R-12 50/36 or go with a aftermarket progressive with the same angle, the R-11 is a 45/36.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts