Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to buy a jetting kit that i can take with me on the trails, you guys got any experience or recommend any certain brand?

i fling poo

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are no Jetting Kits that I know of, you can buy rubber/plastic jet holders if thats what you mean but they are empty and you need to look at your sleds jeting chart and buy the jets you want/need for each sled. most jet holders come with a jet tool tho. hope that helps.

Quit Yer Bitchin, Your Mama 's Not Here and I Do'nt Give A Shit!!!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Put a Dial-a-Jet on, then you wouldn't have to worry about carrying all kinds of jets. here is a link for info on it:

http://www.altimizer.com/daj.html

I would also recommend you run EGT gauges if you use the Dial-a-Jet.

NO FOREST FAIRIES(SKIERs)
BURN GAS SLEDS KICK AZZ!

TRIPLE-THE ONLY CHOICE!!!!!
'00 Indy Triumph
'93 XLT 580
'78 Arctic Cat Jag 3000

·
Registered
19 Posts
Or go to holtzman.com and get a ATACC

Quit Yer Bitchin, Your Mama 's Not Here and I Do'nt Give A Shit!!!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
That would be www.holtzmaneng.com on that link

BURN GAS SLEDS KICK AZZ!

'00 Indy Triumph
'93 XLT 580
'78 Arctic Cat Jag 3000

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
which do you guys think is better? they seem similar.. and waht do egt guages do where can i buy them?

i fling poo

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would personally run the ATACC system over the dial- jets. My friend had dial-a-jets on his Yamaha dog and it ran fine once they were adjusted but it took a lot of monkeying to get it running right. But it was still easier then replacing jets and needles. The holtzman product is new this year but the test reports have been excellent and if it works as well as the temp-a-flow system does then It should be flawless. My friend runs the temp-a- flow systems on his Iron-dog race sled and has never had a problem. In fact he won't run a sled without one and he has raced every brand of sled to date except Yamaha and has placed in the top three regularly. This year I believe he is running the ATACC system on his sled. I know I'm ordering a ATACC system for my 800 RMK this season. If it's good enough for a 2000-mile drag race across Alaska's wilderness it's good enough for me.

EGT stands for Exhaust Gas Temperature. The thermocouple probes are placed in your exhaust system and display your exhaust temperature on either a dial type gauge or a digital model. I personal run the Avenger 1 EGT system on my 800 rmk and love it but you can get buy on a cheaper set up. But if you run a modified sled or ride in extreme temperature and elevation changes then you would be wise to add one to your sled. It will let you know whether you are running rich or lean by the temperature readings, which will keep you from burning up your engine if you pay attention to your gauge while you ride.

Regards,
Nathan

Alaska The Great Land!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
i have dial a jet and they suck, i have egt gauges and when i turn the cheep plastic adjuster they don't change anything on the temps, so for me they dont do anything and i would remove it but then i have holes in the carbs and in the float bowls so i would have to find something to plug them

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I think dial a jet is what my friend has. See topic

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/polarisman/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=&TOPIC_ID=2978

Hemiless and MattGross any tips on tuning this product would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
XLTSP, I gave you a link on the other thread that is from the company that makes them. You or your friend could contact them and they would probably send you the tuning procedure.

BURN GAS SLEDS KICK AZZ!

'00 Indy Triumph
'93 XLT 580
'78 Arctic Cat Jag 3000

1 - 10 of 10 Posts