Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2000 zr 440 sno pro a couple years ago off a man who new very little about snowmobiles. To make the story short he decide it did not need to run on 93 octane gas and put 87 in it and blew it up, he had to buy new jugs pistons ring powervalves basically a whole new top end he even bought heads. To make sure he never hurt it again he got a exhaust temp sensor then jetted it with 320 and cranked the timing back -3. basically when i got it i could run faster than it. The last couple years I have been trying to get it back to fighting shape and had a few questions.

1. What would be the ideal jetting for around 25-32 degrees under 1000 ft elevation. I was guessing around 290???
2. I cannot find how to adjust the oil injection it smokes alot and likes to foul plugs, so i would like to check the calibration.
2. Finally, what should the idle be mine idles around 3000 and while never go down sometime even higher. it does not have an air leak becasue the exhaust temp sensor would indicate that for me and it seems to run way cool around 900 when my arctic cat book say 1250? Sorry my post is so big I just wanted to get it out out there, if anybody has any info on anything I asked let me know I appreciate it, also I am not some mechanical idiot, I know my way aorund engines so I figure if I can keep a 550hp 454 with 11 to 1 compression running good on pump gas this sled should not be any harder lol

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
oil injection ,adjust some more slack in the cable, should be a jetting chart some were on the sled? if not get hold of the dealer

·
Registered
30 Posts
How do you know if your snowmachine is supposed to use 93 octane over 87? The engine in my sled is out of a 94 ZR440 and after reading this makes me wonder if in attempting to run the wrong fuel which might explain some of the problems im having.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
For the '00 you for sure want to run 92 octane. As for the high idle, it is pretty normal. If you want it lower the best way will probably be to richen the idle with bigger pilots or close the pilot air jet some.

As for jetting I'm not totally sure. My buddy with an '00 burned his down last year. I think he put in 300's to start out this year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dux huntin a tip for you is that older 440 motors are not needed to run on 92 octane it was when arctic cat started making sno pro race engine when they needed to run on higher octane, your will run fine on 87.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by double00snopro
[br]dux huntin a tip for you is that older 440 motors are not needed to run on 92 octane it was when arctic cat started making sno pro race engine when they needed to run on higher octane, your will run fine on 87.
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts