Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys , I have a 99 thundercat 1000 i completely gutted the can should i jet it bigger now

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Ok, don't ruin that sled looking for noise. Be a real tripple owner and put a good set of tripple pipes and a good sounding can/stingers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it came with speedwerks pipes, and what stingers should i go with, the only reason i did it is because a bunch of people told me to ,because a can is a waste of money.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
You won't need to change jetting for a gutted can, and you shouldn't do something like that just because someone told you to. How does it sound, may get a bit loud.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it really dosnt seem to much louder , it sounds pretty good just like it did before just a little louder, its a lot more free flowing it seems like i should jet it bigger

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Keep an eye on the plugs than, and see what you have to do that way, you don't just jet because you think it may need it, black is rich, white is lean, you want a nice cardboardish brown color on the porcelain.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
right, the lower temps will require more jet, so right now it could look rich, but at say 0 degrees it may be right on or lean, so you will have to wait to do anything, it shouldn't be much if anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts