Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, nice to be back.....forum's been down the last day...
Anyways, I love jumping and I know SOME other people do too here! But, inbetween days when I am not riding during spring break (I got the whole week off!) I need SOMETHING to do, lol......so I was thinking of building a jump in my backyard for fun.

I know how to build a descent (spelling?) jump but, just wondering if anyone here has got any good tips or shovels that work best if anyone makes any jumps and also to share if anyone else is into it. It's not going to be anything big, just a backyard jump, maybe get a little video of me playing around......maybe i can put together a video or something and post it up!

'99 Arctic Cat Powder Special 600

Edited by - Venom on 16 Mar 2002 02:23:19

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
All the jumps I've ever built, I've used a John Deere 6400 tractor with a front end loader, something lots of people here probably don't have
, and a normal grain shovel. I dunno what else to say, I build a hill, try to hack a face into it with the tractor, then get out and do finishing touches with a shovel, then voila. A jump!

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoa, nope......unfortunately I don't have a tractor. Looks like just a shovel for me!
I am probably going to use one of the scoop shovels to build most of it....that should work pretty good. I wish I really had some space to build a nice big one but I only have so much room in my backyard!

Got any pics of you jumping Polaris-Man??

'99 Arctic Cat Powder Special 600

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Nope, never had time to get a camera when I was jumping. There are some pics somewhere in the general forum of me and a buddy goofing off on some drifts, but no real jumps.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
rent a bobcat? I know ppl who have tractors that if I wanted could prolly get to build me a jump. I am not a big jumper though. I find a jump that is just naturally there I will sit and hit it for like 10 minutes then get back to riding the trails and lakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts