Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just recently moved to Huntsville, Ontario from Whistler, B.C. (yeah, yeah, stupid I know). I just bought my first sled around a month ago (97 Polaris 700 SKS). I have been jumping my mountain bike, bmx bike and snowboard for years, but I am dying to start jumping my sled. Does anyone know of a good spot to catch some decent sized air around this area? The trails around here are great for speed, but I am looking to scare myself a little more. [}:)]

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
HEY HEY HEY!! Take it easy on Ontario! I live in burlington, and have a cottage in Haliburton... I'm guessing you don't know the area, so grab a map, I'm not that far from you. Anyway, just cruise the lakes and look for some shoals, or build your own... I don't know any specific area. Put an hour and a shovel, can make you a pretty decent jump, just check you landing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by SledHead
[br]HEY HEY HEY!! Take it easy on Ontario! I live in burlington, and have a cottage in Haliburton... I'm guessing you don't know the area, so grab a map, I'm not that far from you. Anyway, just cruise the lakes and look for some shoals, or build your own... I don't know any specific area. Put an hour and a shovel, can make you a pretty decent jump, just check you landing.

Sorry, no offence meant to Ontario, but it kind of sucks to move back to Ontario once you have been sledding in B.C. powder. I've got a serious addiction to the powder out west.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
lol I know, I wanna go west! I was just jokin with you.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Heheh wouldn't recomend this ,, but once of the guys we seld with , is friends with a guy that owns a golf course , well i play alot of golf and I don't like bunkers ,,,,,,but i'll tell you what ,, sleds LOVE em ,, try going down a par 5 at 70mph+ and hitting a bunker , heheh wow , what amazing air ,, we did that this week-end and the fun we had was NUTS. But make sure you have at least 2 to 3 feet of snow on it cause otherwise you'll wreck the course ,, that's not fun

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
just ride around and find stuff to jump, thas what i do.....u ride and find a place to tear up, tear it up, then go find another place, that is what sleddin is all about

1 - 6 of 6 Posts