Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im kinda teaching myself how to jump and get good air. i used to be abig chicken when it comes to that, but start out small and slow and get bigger and faster. i got a pretty good technique goin tho, i dont really have a jumping sled, a Powder Special, but it will still fly. my technique is to not let up on the gas going up the jump, when ur in the air and climbing let off the gas to stay level, then right b4 u land hit the gas again to get ur track moving so it isnt so rough on the landing. i need to get someone out there taking pictures so i can post em and see how i high i really get, some of em feel pretty high hto, or i just have distance.

Cats have 9 lives, you have one...Make it count!

Member #3 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team...You WILL believe!

When Hell freezes over, We'll ride there too!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
keeping the sled level in mid air is about the most important technique. my cousin took off the rear bumper and bent the tunnel a little on his 00 zr 500, another friend did the exact same on his 99 zr 700, i bent the tunnel slightly on my xc, and the worst happened to another friend. on sunday, he kinked the tunnel right in the middle on his brand new snow-checked mountain cat 800! (151 in track, black/silver)

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn......that would suck ass. i usually try to land in soft snow so i shouldnt bend my tunnul up that bad. it is kinda fun if u land w/ the skis up a little ways tho,

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
yeah, it kinda sucks. the 500 incedent happend before he knew to use the brake to bring the front down, but it was minor anyway. the 700 was a freak accident hitting two close drifts one after the other. that doesn't matter anyway, cuz he totaled his sled on friday anyway, and got extremely sore in the process. my own sled all it really did was put a little kink in the rear of the tunnel, where the snowflap attaches, nothin big. i saw the 800 today, and it is pretty bad. weird thing is, the kink is right next to some heavy bracing. and yeah, we've all realized now it's better to land flat even if it doesn't look or feel as cool.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what he do to his 800? when u bend ur tunnel...do u land like on ur rear bumper, or just the back of ur track...cuz i land on the back part of my track quite abit, or used to, i try to stay level now. those double drifts can suck ass, so can those damn kickers at the top of ur jumpu dont see till ur shittin ur pants in the air....lol...those kinda suck when u cant really think to let off the gas cuz u think its gonna be a little jump. ill try to get someone to take some pics of me here pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i wasn't there when he bent the tunnel on his mountain cat, but i think he just landed it on the bumper/tunnel. i'm pretty sure landing on the track won't hurt anything, except maybe your back. those double drifts really pissed me off last year. my dad just bought a 98 xc 600, and i took it for a little spin for the first time at night. i was turning around, not going more than 5 mph and i came over one drift, nosedove into another, and sent my knee into the hood, cracking it. needless to say, pa warn't very happy.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha, that really sux. what i dont like is when im goin down a hill and there is a little drift that u can jump, u know what i mean? u goin down hill, but the drift makes u change direction to up hill real fast. but....they aint that bad, not as bad as the hidden kickers u think ur gonna go right on through at the top...lol...u learn how to take em, and know they are there, they kick ass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts